Anyone use a electric mountain bike to ride trails and/or hunt with? If so which one?

JCDEERMAN

Well, I pulled the trigger and went with a M2S All Terrain R750 base XL model with an upgrade on the battery. I went with the base because I'm a cheap bass turd. lol, actually I have some mountain/fat tire bike stuff(fenders, racks, light set, etc...) just sitting in the garage and I do like to reuse stuff(especially if I have to tinker on it to make it work). I had other brands and models in mind but most are not available or 2 to 3 months waits. Also this one had no tax and just $21 shipping so I stayed under my $2000 limit(bike was $1620).
Which other ones did you have higher on your list under $2000? I am in the same boat.

Please keep us updated after a few uses and after season!

medwc

OK, I don't have the bike yet but it is paid for and waiting to be ship from NC so it shouldn't be too long.

The ebike I really wanted was the Ripcurrent S https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/ripcurrent-s?variant=3914701340695 but it is over my limit and not available till mid DEC.. It is on sale now but still over my limit. I almost bought it at $2300 with free shipping but I didn't. They, Juiced bikes, do have a Ripcurrent base(under $2000) but there is no battery upgrade option from what I read and I think they didn't have the XL frame size I want(6'3 and 230).

I also though about the Boltone Bronco AWD bike https://boltonebikes.com/products/fat-all-wheel-drive. They had a crazy shipping fee, they also don't have Large or X-large bike frames, and are out of Californication(that is kind of like buying from china to me, lol...).
[h3][/h3]

JCDEERMAN

OK, I don't have the bike yet but it is paid for and waiting to be ship from NC so it shouldn't be too long.

The ebike I really wanted was the Ripcurrent S https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/ripcurrent-s?variant=3914701340695 but it is over my limit and not available till mid DEC.. It is on sale now but still over my limit. I almost bought it at $2300 with free shipping but I didn't. They, Juiced bikes, do have a Ripcurrent base(under $2000) but there is no battery upgrade option from what I read and I think they didn't have the XL frame size I want(6'3 and 230).

I also though about the Boltone Bronco AWD bike https://boltonebikes.com/products/fat-all-wheel-drive. They had a crazy shipping fee, they also don't have Large or X-large bike frames, and are out of Californication(that is kind of like buying from china to me, lol...).
[h3][/h3]
Both of those look good, but I think you made the right decision. If I ever get one it will be between one of the M2S bikes or RadRover....leaning toward M2S.

That's a really great deal you got - I was looking at the same M2S got. The upgraded battery - how much better is it than the standard battery it comes with? Distance and hours much better?

medwc

Both of those look good, but I think you made the right decision. If I ever get one it will be between one of the M2S bikes or RadRover....leaning toward M2S.

That's a really great deal you got - I was looking at the same M2S got. The upgraded battery - how much better is it than the standard battery it comes with? Distance and hours much better?
I went from 48v 12 ah to the 48v 16 ah. With all things (like how much peddling you do, weight and such) equal you could get +/- 8 1/2 miles more per charge. It doesn't seem like much but you know how they say "get the biggest outboard your boat can handle or you will wish you had". I was told that applies to ebikes as well. lol... For $200 more I could of went with a 48v 21ah which would of been another 10 miles or so but I just don't think I will need that. I understand the basic stuff on the battery but it still makes my brain hurt thinking about it.

JCDEERMAN

I really want one of these, but I'm going to try to hold off until maybe an end of year clearance or New Year's deal on the M2S. If that happens, I don't think I will be able to restrain :p . Please give us a review when you do eventually get it and use it several times.

Latest posts