Anyone know where to find Dale Hollow lake records?

ROVERBOY

I've looked online and can't find it anywhere. I'm looking specifically for records for different species caught in the lake. Thanks

rsimms

I've looked online and can't find it anywhere. I'm looking specifically for records for different species caught in the lake. Thanks
I really cannot speak for Corps on Engineers Lakes (such as Dale Hollow). But I know that no one keeps official lake records on TVA reservoirs. If the Corps of Engineers keeps official records for their lakes in Tennessee, I've never heard of it. The Corp has an office in Celina. You would do best just calling them to ask. (931) 243-3136 If they do, I'd like to know about it.

redblood

here is the record dale hollow smallie- estimated at 12 yrs old

Attachments

• IMG_6507.png
    IMG_6507.png
    259.1 KB · Views: 61

ewc

And the walleye record was almost broken by a poacher 3 years ago. Gigged on Cedar Hill boat ramp.

There's a world record walleye in DH

ROVERBOY

here is the record dale hollow smallie- estimated at 12 yrs old
I know at least the top 3 Smallmouth were caught out of Dale Hollow. Probably more like top 5 or more came from there. I had a neighbor that caught a 9 lb. 7 oz. that he caught in '77. But, never got it entered. He just didn't care about things like that.

redblood

I know at least the top 3 Smallmouth were caught out of Dale Hollow. Probably more like top 5 or more came from there. I had a neighbor that caught a 9 lb. 7 oz. that he caught in '77. But, never got it entered. He just didn't care about things like that.
Read an article about fishing dale hollow and the author said he saw a bass caught on christmas eve in the 1980s that he believed would have beat the record. Said the guy who caught just held it up and threw it back. They didnt know each other, both just happen to be fishing on that cold morning in the same spot. The guy said he had caught bigger many times. Before cell phones and digital scales…..who knows how many times the record was broken. If i caught a record fish, (which i care nothing about) . Id get him back in the water asap. I fish for food and fun and any fish that big wouldnt be good table fare id wager.

I plan to fish dale hollow this fall. But have no idea where to start.

Blue5

Read an article about fishing dale hollow and the author said he saw a bass caught on christmas eve in the 1980s that he believed would have beat the record. Said the guy who caught just held it up and threw it back. They didnt know each other, both just happen to be fishing on that cold morning in the same spot. The guy said he had caught bigger many times. Before cell phones and digital scales…..who knows how many times the record was broken. If i caught a record fish, (which i care nothing about) . Id get him back in the water asap. I fish for food and fun and any fish that big wouldnt be good table fare id wager.

I plan to fish dale hollow this fall. But have no idea where to start.
Just go pick an area there this fall and start. the past few Fall breaks my family has picked a different lake and fished it all week. This fall we are spending the week learning Cherokee lake. We rented an awesome cabin right on the water. Last year was Center Hill. The state park cabins are 1/2 price for good ole state workers like you. Top water was on fire! Timsford the year before.

ROVERBOY

Dale Hollow doesn't produce big bass anymore. The biggest I've heard of in a long time was the 10 lb. 8 oz caught back in the mid 80's. It produces some 5 lb fish but, I never hear of anything bigger anymore. It was a fertile reservoir for a long time.

redblood

Just go pick an area there this fall and start. the past few Fall breaks my family has picked a different lake and fished it all week. This fall we are spending the week learning Cherokee lake. We rented an awesome cabin right on the water. Last year was Center Hill. The state park cabins are 1/2 price for good ole state workers like you. Top water was on fire! Timsford the year before.
yall get a real fall break. We get a sweat off during the dang pony circus and then 2 days in the fall, but hey- there are always sick days. Not a fan of tims but im looking really hard at lake barkley and ky lake

Latest posts