Anyone know where this property is at (east tn)

CountryBoy053

Was told about some public land to hunt, I believe tva land but can't remember. Was told it was around the highway 72 area Blount/loudon. Said they had plots planted in somewhat of a 4 pane window style setup with woods separating the fields. I can not find this area any where. Anyone local know where this may be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realtree56

I'm not sure about the 4 plots, but the main parking lot for that public land is almost straight across the road from hoots market and deli on 72.

CountryBoy053

stringtalker":2ccnrc0g said:
Are you talking about the bakers creek area maybe, is it on Tellico lake?
I'm not really sure. I had 2 people I ran into tell me about it. And told me to check it out since it's close to where I live. But now I can not find this place.

Realtree56

Bakers creek area has lots of fields, one thing to remember is that the area between the boat ramp and the abandoned factory is actually part of a WMA, and you can't take a doe there during the county doe days.... I know for a fact there is a land you can hunt on 72, but honestly I've never hunted it myself. I would recommend googling tva public land, they have maps there showing where you can hunt, might also be a good idea to download an app like hunt stand to get an aerial view and you might be able to find the exact spot you are talking about.

CountryBoy053

Realtree56":1eyclad9 said:
Bakers creek area has lots of fields, one thing to remember is that the area between the boat ramp and the abandoned factory is actually part of a WMA, and you can't take a doe there during the county doe days.... I know for a fact there is a land you can hunt on 72, but honestly I've never hunted it myself. I would recommend googling tva public land, they have maps there showing where you can hunt, might also be a good idea to download an app like hunt stand to get an aerial view and you might be able to find the exact spot you are talking about.

So can't take does on the wma? Do you know what wma it is?
Where is bakers creek?

Realtree56

You can shoot does on tva public land during doe days but not the WMA... I believe it's the Wear's Bend unit of tellico lake WMA if I'm not mistaken.

Atchman2

Look on the arcgis tva lands. If you search it you will see all TVA lands you can hunt.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

CountryBoy053

Thank you stik. I have it a look and had it figured out. Then met up with stringtalker so he could actually show where it was.
Looks like I will be spending some time in the woods squirrel hunting down there to figure the land out after season ends this year

Latest posts