anyone have a Ruger American rifle?

TNReb

Like the title says... anyone have a Ruger American rifle? The wife mentioned the other day she would like to shoot a deer this year. The smallest centerfire I own is a .30-30.

I've wanted a .243 for a while, and if I could talk her in to "her own rifle" this would be a good opportunity. I don't have a lot of money to spend on one, but the Ruger American has grabbed my interest.

Plateau Hunter

I am waiting for one in 22-250. I've seen a few in .270, 30/06, and .243 and they appear to be an excellent value. They will be an excellent practical field rifle. PH

jakeway

Plateau Hunter said:
I am waiting for one in 22-250. I've seen a few in .270, 30/06, and .243 and they appear to be an excellent value. They will be an excellent practical field rifle. PH

Today I was looking at a TC Venture in 22-250 with the camo finish. Nice looking rifle for a good price. It felt much better than the Ruger American they also had in the store.

Just sayin'.

jakeway

Rockhound said:
The only difference in a ruger American and a savage axis is about a pound and a $150

I've read several posts on TNDeer and The Shooters' Forum complaining on the Axis. I haven't heard anything bad on the American, but it hasn't been around as long. Personally I'm more impressed by the Ruger.

My, I seem to be quite opinionated this morning!