Anybody know much about a P14 303 cal. rifle?

Dodge Man

I have a P14 rifle in 303 cal. I am thinking about selling. Dose anybody know a ball park value? I know it depends on the condition. It has a gloss finish to the stock that I don't know if it came that way or not. It is in good shape as far as a old gun goes. It has been oiled and keep in a gun case for as long as I can remember. If there is anybody that might like to buy it mail me and I can send some pic from my cell phone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattern_14_Rifle

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting/pa ... /index.asp

JimFromTN

Post a pic if you can. Should be able to tell if it has been sporterized pretty quickly. It could be worth anywhere from $300 to $900.

Dodge Man

picture.php

Dodge Man

Anybody care to guess the value of it? What should I look for to know the value of it? Anybody interested in buying it? I am prob going to go to the gun show tomorrow here in Dyersburg to try to sell it. Can somebody give me a few tips I have never sold a gun at one of these shows. I would rather sale it to somebody here if I could though.

Dodge Man

Re: Interested in a .303 Pattern 1914 Enfield?

There were a bunch of people that wanted to lie to you and act like they did not know what the gun is or what it was worth. I went to the show Sat. morning knowing nothing about the gun. I talked to about 20 people that were interested in it but would not offer me a price and acted like they did not know anything about it they wanted me to give them a price I wanted. So I decided to take it around to some local gun dealers and get there advice on it. I then did some research online on the gun. I went back Sunday and saw some of the same people and now they know everything there is to know about the gun but don't want to pay half of what everybody has said it is worth. The few that would pay a reasonable price said that they had not made enough $ at the show to buy it and if they had they would have loved to buy it for what I was asking. So far I guess I know what a gun show is all about now! :)

skynimrod

Re: Interested in a .303 Pattern 1914 Enfield?

Sounds about right for a gun show. Trying to steel it off ya.
To get the best price u wold have to find the right buyer just like everything else. $900 for that one up top seams high.
3,000 for the other is ridiculous I would say but I'm not a collector. If ya have time just keep watching the gunbroker or better yet find some 303 forums to ask around.
My guess I would say prob about $400-$700 range depending on stamps and condition.
An awfull lot were made.
Very relible battle rifle. I have a sporterized one for deer hunting.