Anybody ever heard of this?

Good time Charlie

Using deer antler velvet as a growth supplement ,like weight lifters use or pro athletes
I have not done enough research on it but it is supposed to speed up healing..like a tore muscle.

Diehard Hunter

"It is not known if deer velvet is safe or what the possible side effects might be.
Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of deer velvet during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

Hormone-sensitive conditions such as breast cancer, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, endometriosis, or uterine fibroids: Deer velvet might act like estrogen. If you have any condition that might be made worse by exposure to estrogen, don�t use deer velvet."

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplemen ... R%20VELVET

If it might act like estrogen, I don't think I will take it!

BSK

The Orient has been using deer antler velvet as a herbal medicine for centuries. In fact, much of deer farming industry is wrapped around the sale of velvet antler.

Winchester

BSK said:
The Orient has been using deer antler velvet as a herbal medicine for centuries. In fact, much of deer farming industry is wrapped around the sale of velvet antler.
Exactly, even used as an aphrodisiac in some places!

Diehard Hunter

BSK said:

They eat tiger fishing rod soup, and grind up fossils (dragon bones) for herbal medicine as well. Both in an effort be more "manly" In bed. I guess if they would lay off the estrogenous antler velvet, they wouldn't need the soup!

BSK

Years ago, my mentor (Dr. Woods) was vacationing in New Zealand. He kept driving by these big deer/elk farms and noticed the deer/red deer were being raised in fields of some strange looking plants. Out of curiosity, he stopped in to one of these farms. He learned that although venison sales world-wide were part of their market, the velvet antler was a much more valuable product, hence the deer farmers had been working for decades on how to maximize antler growth. The plants the deer were eating were the results of all that research. Within two years, those plants were for sale in the U.S., under the name "BioLogic."

BSK

Diehard Hunter said:
BSK said:

They eat tiger fishing rod soup, and grind up fossils (dragon bones) for herbal medicine as well. Both in an effort be more "manly" In bed. I guess if they would lay off the estrogenous antler velvet, they wouldn't need the soup!

Hey, I never said it worked, just that they use it!

pressfit

veejay sighn..or how ever you spell his name././ the golfer.. uses some sort of deer antler spray.. nearly got kicked out of the pga...

bowriter

R.I.P.
I tried it for twoyears and all it dod forme was make me want to rub my head on cedar trees. Like to never got all the sap out of my hair.

Latest posts