Anybody catch the softball game last night?

PalsPal

Usually plenty of offense. I always wonder if the fences are too short. Also, how can those girls pitch so much with no rest? I don't see how their arms hold up. You would never see baseball pitchers throw that much.

The fences are about right, imo. Pitching usually dominates on fast pitch, but if a girl gets good contact it will go out in a hurry. Plus, most of the parks can't accommodate longer distance fences.

Two of my daughters pitched. There isn't as much stress on the arm with the underhand motion as in baseball. But, I've seen some coaches ride their horse too much and cause back issues etc.

It is a faster game. The short game is much more in play with the shorter bases etc.

TN did not pitch their ace, Rogers. She's had injury issues in the past, and they may be resting her some since we had already won the series.

FL pitching isn't as dominant as years past, and TN offense is better than previous seasons.

wayne

Softball became enjoyable after they changed the pitching rule to where the picture had to keep the pushoff leg in contact with the ground. Before that, it was pitchers dominating with 15-18 strikeouts per game.
And this may sound misogynistic, but softball players have gotten more athletic. They throw less "like a girl" now. The hitting is better. Not as much of the "slap-hitting" where they run 3 steps in the box before the swing.
All of the movements as far as fielding, throwing and swinging the bat are more fluid.
It's a better product now.

redblood

Softball became enjoyable after they changed the pitching rule to where the picture had to keep the pushoff leg in contact with the ground. Before that, it was pitchers dominating with 15-18 strikeouts per game.
And this may sound misogynistic, but softball players have gotten more athletic. They throw less "like a girl" now. The hitting is better. Not as much of the "slap-hitting" where they run 3 steps in the box before the swing.
All of the movements as far as fielding, throwing and swinging the bat are more fluid.
It's a better product now.
Im glad yall support it. I cant watch womens sports. My niece plays college softball. She was pretty good I guess. I went to one game. Just hard to watch for me. Everything appears in slow motion. Same with girls basketball

Latest posts