Any particular buck(s) your after? Post 2012 pics

BSK

BowGuy84 said:
I know, but as I said, I don't have any on camera so far this year. Making it hard for me to decide to go for some that I have right now...

Last year, my summer resident buck population consisted of just 4 yearling bucks. I didn't get a 2 1/2 year-old buck on my place until mid-September. However, by the rut, I had the normal number of all age bucks on the place, from yearlings to fully mature bucks.

You just never know what deer are going to do as the seasons change.

catman529

BowGuy84, is that Davidson county or somewhere near?

BSK said:
BowGuy84 said:
I know, but as I said, I don't have any on camera so far this year. Making it hard for me to decide to go for some that I have right now...

Last year, my summer resident buck population consisted of just 4 yearling bucks. I didn't get a 2 1/2 year-old buck on my place until mid-September. However, by the rut, I had the normal number of all age bucks on the place, from yearlings to fully mature bucks.

my spot is a lot like yours bsk. Although I have only ran cameras since late December so I don't know when the big boys show up. I got lots of does, fawns and at least 3 yearling bucks. Come September the place gets covered in fresh rubs. Can't wait to see what's on camera then.

BSK

catman529 said:
BSK said:
BowGuy84 said:

my spot is a lot like yours bsk. Although I have only ran cameras since late December so I don't know when the big boys show up. I got lots of does, fawns and at least 3 yearling bucks. Come September the place gets covered in fresh rubs. Can't wait to see what's on camera then.

Actually, that was a very unique situation for us catman529, Normally, we have 12 to 15 summer resident bucks, spread across all ages. I still don't exactly know what happened last summer.

But I have seen these seasonal buck movement patterns display extremes on individual properties. I've seen several properties that, year after year, hold no bucks older than yearlings in summer, only to have the place flooded with bucks come fall. I've also seen the opposite--properties loaded with bucks in summer but almost devoid of bucks during the season. It all depends on where bucks are grouping in summer bachelor groups, and how far they travel once those groups break up in early September.

BowGuy84

My private property in Butler Co. rarely has older deer until after the early MZL in KY (mid Oct). However, after that I usually have 5-7 2.5 or older bucks on only 100 acers.

The previously posted pics come out of ares in Jefferson Co. (where Louisville is) one is really close to the city.

As in this close yesterday:

However, they bulldozed the 50 acre thicket I was hunting deer coming out of. I know of 2 PY deer currently, but I am still hoping if I can have the crop field and hold the does I can get it done some time through out the year on either the 3rd or 4th pic. The first two come from a chiansaw to hunt exchange I have going. Great deer but very hard to hunt them until the rut.

I also have some deer I'm patterning currently that if they finish well, it may not matter what turns up. Blessing and curse of a 1 buck limit.

http://www.kentuckyhunting.net/forums/s ... re-talking

Latest posts