Any advice on hunting hi pressured land.. HELP :)

in the dog house

A place i hunt has lots of pressure on it and i have found really good sign ( like a scrape as big as the hood of a truck and 20 to 30 rubs around it) on it away from where most of the people hunt. I need help with a strategy to hunt what i know is a monster buck. I'm afraid this is all night time activity. Could someone please give me some feed back on how i should try to hunt this deer. Thanks!!

JCDEERMAN

BigGameGuy said:
Simple for a high pressured area...hunt where others are not.

Yup! If its really pressured, hunt where others aren't. Even if that means in the wide open hardwoods. All other hunters will be where the sign is and around thickets. Most of that sign is done at night, so let everyone else hunt there. You need to hunt where he will be in during daylight. But if there is some thick stuff where no one else is (even if there is no sign), that's where I would be

Bobs8pt

Forget the trails leading to and from the bedding area, Get right in the middle of the bedding area, sit all day. and as others said stay away from the others. I like to get in early before everyone else pushes the woods. get set up and wait for them to come in and push the woods to you. go in from a different direction then the others. If you can access the other side of the hill go in from there. Play it smart and the others will do the work for you

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
BigGameGuy said:
Simple for a high pressured area...hunt where others are not.
Where and when let the other guys be your drivers. Make sure you are on the stand when they are leaving in the a.m. and coming back in the P.M.

GreyGoose

i hunt 1,100 acres with no one else,so dont have that issue.always heard to use people and there schedules to your advantage.hunt all day,when all else fails go deep to the thickest,nastiest woods you can find.never give up,its amazing how luck can change in a instant with a little effort..good luck

in the dog house

Thanks for all of you guys advice ......... I will stay after him !!!! got a strange looking buck this past year that i hunted for 3 years before i got him.... i say strange because when i got him he had been injured the year before and it greatly affected his rack...... if and when i can figure out how to put a pick on i will.... he had 9 1\2 " brows and only one side full the other side was just one big long tine ..... he had 15 score able points and was at least 6 1\2 years old

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
th_cpdeer.jpg

Latest posts