Any AC SHINER fans ??

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I had absolutely no knowledge of that company at all.

Here I have been supporting Lord knows who buying all those Rapala J9's all my life.

Gonna have to get some order info.

Thanks for sharing that.

hgcox

Been fishin the 001 n shad color for 30+yrs back then i didnt know but one place to buy them and had to give 8.oo apiece then but well worth it its a fish catcher 4sure have3 colors n my box now

Kimberman

I had one that I fished so much on the Harpeth River growing up, that I had to superglue the bill back on twice. I still have it, but its so worn out that I only hold on to it to remember all of the good days it gave me. I could literally out fish the same size and almost the same color Rapala 3-1, much to my fishing partners disgust.

Kimberman

66195DA8-C929-49D2-A169-12C5DC81E07D-3126-0000065B59716504_zpsc02e47f7.jpg
[/img]

The bill finally fell off for good. I would guess that plug caught at least 100 fish before it finally gave up. Thats a 300 size.

Kimberman

Twitching on top. Good grief I'm getting old, that was 20 years ago. The section of the Harpeth I used to fish when I was a kid has changed a ton since then.

FOX FIRE

Ther kind of hard to find sure nuff, one store down the road keeps them, I always buy sevral every time when I go in (at nearly $9 apiece), have about 15-20stashed away for the apocolypse.

But have to say its my all time fave fish'n plug & you can tell it by looking in my tackle box, they (to me) have a better action the the rapala (love rapalas also), but no matter how you fish them they'll produce.

I love to watch the top water take, I'll find me some weeds,stand'n timber,lilly pads & fling it out, let it sit until the rings spread out about 4 feet then twitch it....wait for it....twitch....SMASH!!!!!
Or reel it in & give it a qiuk jerk then get back on the reel before the shiner breaks the surface, or just fast & hard as you can, they'll pull the rod out of your hand, love it.

Maybe its just the nostagia of fish'n the same plugs I did as a kid, but I just have a love for the shiners, think I'll go buy more this weekend.

Latest posts