Any 300blk reloaders on here?

deerkiller300wsm

What u guys loading? Anyone hunting with their blkout? What u loading. Right now I am loading 17.5 gr of h100 under 135 gr Sierra varminters and 17gr under 125 NBT

deerkiller300wsm

I haven't tried the 110's in the Barnes yet. Mostly bc they r not available at the store. Guess I could order some though. Heard lots of good results with them

DaveB

I thought the primary purpose of this caliber was to shoot subsonic. I understand that is not mandatory. just wondering

Hunter 257W

I don't shoot the blackout but I do shoot the nearly identical (ballistically speaking) 7.62x39. If you are going for top velocity with a bullet of around 125 grains a deer is never going to know the difference in the two cartridges. I've killed 2 deer with it so far. It's a little less powerful than a 30-30 so performs about the same. It will do the job in the woods and is a pleasure to shoot. I've only used a 125 grain bullet that was repackaged my Midway, which I believe to be a Hornady bullet. The only negative I can say for this load is that it failed to exit on a large buck that I hit in the rear of the ribcage while it was quartering away from me at around 75 yards. It was just too much animal for such a light bullet to get through and it left not a drop of blood anywhere to trail. Fortunately he only ran about 50 yards. Since it was thick in that part of the woods, it still took some time to find him. The doe shot broadside with the same load left a blood trail anybody could follow as her much lesser mass allowed a nice exit hole.

deerkiller300wsm

DaveB":szgi82gz said:
I thought the primary purpose of this caliber was to shoot subsonic. I understand that is not mandatory. just wondering
Primary purpose? No. I wouldn't say so. Does it excel at subsonic, especially suppressed, yes. U can load the 300blk anywhere from 950fps up to somewhere around 2500fps (maybe higher I don't have my manual in hand). I got one bc i load and bc I wanted a black gun (ar) that would be better suited for hunting.... Not that I will ever even lug it into the woods, but I can if I decide to. It was developed to cover a wide range of applications. I just think it is a neat little round to tinker with. My sub are kinda like throwing a brick as hard as u can lol

Latest posts