Another shooting house to put up

Knothead

All finished. Now, gotta take it apart and haul it to the spot and put it back together. It'll be on 8' posts overlooking a swamp, surrounded by bedding area on one side and corn fields on two sides. Highway on back side.

Attachments

• 9F9F106A-F16A-48C8-8286-EEB8131A9DDC.jpeg
    9F9F106A-F16A-48C8-8286-EEB8131A9DDC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 419
  • 484A975D-DF73-4438-BA86-D02D4F15DC08.jpeg
    484A975D-DF73-4438-BA86-D02D4F15DC08.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 349

JCDEERMAN

Looks good, man. I have all the material to build 2 more shooting houses with the bed liners you guided me through last year. You not building them with those anymore? FYI - I found the 4 packs of those elevator brackets at Rural King on clearance for $52

DoubleRidge

Looks good, man. I have all the material to build 2 more shooting houses with the bed liners you guided me through last year. You not building them with those anymore? FYI - I found the 4 packs of those elevator brackets at Rural King on clearance for $52

We used the elevator brackets on the two we built last year and already have a couple of sets for the ones were building this spring.... really like them.....and that's a good price $52.....I paid little more than that on-line last year.

Knothead

The guy that I got the bedliners from retired and sold his business. The new owners don't stack them up for people to come get for free. His crew cuts them up as soon as they remove them from the trucks. The Rhinoliner dealer won't give them away. He said he'd sell them for $50 each. Panel board is half that price.
I also found the brackets for $52 for a 4 pack.
how did your houses work out for you this past season?

JCDEERMAN

The guy that I got the bedliners from retired and sold his business. The new owners don't stack them up for people to come get for free. His crew cuts them up as soon as they remove them from the trucks. The Rhinoliner dealer won't give them away. He said he'd sell them for $50 each. Panel board is half that price.
I also found the brackets for $52 for a 4 pack.
how did your houses work out for you this past season?
Well, our logger never made it up there last year due to everything going on. We already had shooting houses on all the existing fields, so it is sitting exactly where it was when I sent you pictures last year LOL. I always checked it though after heavy rains and there was never a leak or anything in it. Everyone was very pleased with how it worked out. Hate that about not getting them for free. I'll need to do some searching as I may need just a couple more long panels for roofs.

I spoke to the logger earlier this week and is getting to our place by tomorrow. The first place he is starting on is where this shooting house will go - it will be about a 2 acre plot.

Even if we had gotten everything in place last year, it wouldn't have mattered. We had/still have no deer. EHD wiped us out in 2019. I gave up on our place about mid-November and went to East TN to hunt some leases out there. I'll keep you updated on our progress this year

Latest posts