Another shooting house question

rem270

I'm on a couple different FB sites called "cool deer blinds" and another pertaining to deer blinds. Some of these blinds people make you could actually live in full time. I see where some people talk about going and spending a whole week in them which I think would be pretty awesome. I'll never have a nice enough one for that but I think it would be cool to do that. My question is do you think it would hurt or help you? I definitely see an advantage of not leaving and showing your presence but what would that do for scent control? Think the blind would hold enough scent down it would be ok or riddle the place with scent staying there a whole week? I know some it doesn't matter to but I like playing the wind and always will.

BSK

As scent obsessed as I've been in the past, I'm actually quite shocked at how well shooting houses hold in scent. I can honestly say I've not observed a deer spook from scent yet while hunting from a shooting house. However, they somehow know something. We had a mature buck last year that would be out in food plots in daylight almost daily, yet never the one we happened to be hunting that day. I don't believe it was just "the odds." How he knew where we were on any given day is beyond me.

gatodoc

As scent obsessed as I've been in the past, I'm actually quite shocked at how well shooting houses hold in scent. I can honestly say I've not observed a deer spook from scent yet while hunting from a shooting house. However, they somehow know something. We had a mature buck last year that would be out in food plots in daylight almost daily, yet never the one we happened to be hunting that day. I don't believe it was just "the odds." How he knew where we were on any given day is beyond me.
I've run a small ozone generator in mine at times and I believe it's made a difference with more mature deer sightings. Always have window open to vent

megalomaniac

I've run a small ozone generator in mine at times and I believe it's made a difference with more mature deer sightings. Always have window open to vent
I build my shooting houses almost completely air tight. I've NEVER had a deer wind me, even when 3 feet downwind when I keep the windows closed. I don't open a window until a shooter comes out and I'm getting the gun ready. The bad thing... because it is airtight, if it's a HOT afternoon, you just can't stand to be in them without opening a window.

Planking

Mine are close to air tight as well. Caulk or spray foam both seem to work. Deer don't seem to smell me downwind with the plexiglass closed. It keeps the bugs and critters out as well. It's worth the extra effort.

Snake

Doing that would definitely give you better odds at getting that mature buck if your scent didn't alarm him . Seems those mature bucks come when you least expect it so if your there all the time odds should be in your favor. But like was mentioned got to have a somewhat of a bathroom .