Another bad day at work

Terrier

Glad your reaction times are good.

I had a close call the other day.

This past Saturday, a contractor for CEMC that's been burying pipe across the front of my property was doing some cleanup on my driveway with his skid steer. I went over to wave him down to let him know where I didn't want any more gravel, and the skid steer chose that moment for its computer to take a puke.

Without the operator doing or touching anything after he stopped, in the blink of an eye it swung around about three feet to the right, and then it promptly shut down. I was standing just forward of it, off to the right side. The bucket was about 3-5" off the ground.

6" closer and my life would have changed forever.

The skid steer wouldn't crank after that moment. Dead'rn a hammer.

BSK

Glad your reaction times are good.

I had a close call the other day.

This past Saturday, a contractor for CEMC that's been burying pipe across the front of my property was doing some cleanup on my driveway with his skid steer. I went over to wave him down to let him know where I didn't want any more gravel, and the skid steer chose that moment for its computer to take a puke.

Without the operator doing or touching anything after he stopped, in the blink of an eye it swung around about three feet to the right, and then it promptly shut down. I was standing just forward of it, off to the right side. The bucket was about 3-5" off the ground.

6" closer and my life would have changed forever.

The skid steer wouldn't crank after that moment. Dead'rn a hammer.
As rational, logical people, we tend to downplay the dangers/threat of the random "freak occurrence." That is, until you find yourself in one!

beefydeer

Honestly, from time to time I do find myself checking out Honda's website to ogle the new Ranchers.
Inventories are at an all time low right now with very high demand. Right now I do have a few Ranchers and Foremans in stock. If you get interested call me at 731-234-6841. I am at Interstate 69 Motorsports in Union City.

Tn_Va_Hunter

Inventories are at an all time low right now with very high demand. Right now I do have a few Ranchers and Foremans in stock. If you get interested call me at 731-234-6841. I am at Interstate 69 Motorsports in Union City.
Our of curiosity, what's a new atv costing these days. Plain foreman. Something simple. Like in the 350-450 range size. I don't know what they come in now. Been years since I've looked.

beefydeer

Our of curiosity, what's a new atv costing these days. Plain foreman. Something simple. Like in the 350-450 range size. I don't know what they come in now. Been years since I've looked.
The 2021 Foreman is a 520. The foot shift model is $6,869 at our dealership. MSRP is $7,399.

BSK

The 2021 Foreman is a 520. The foot shift model is $6,869 at our dealership. MSRP is $7,399.
I would be looking at the baseline Rancher 4x4, manual shift, solid rear axle, no electronics. The fewer moving parts, the better. The less electronics, the better. Less to go wrong.

I'm really surprised at how little the price has gone up over time. I guess the popularity of the UTVs has cut into the ATV market a bit. When I bought my Rancher 350 4x4 20 years ago, I think the MSRP was around $5,200. Now it's what, $6,500?

JCDEERMAN

I'm really surprised at how little the price has gone up over time. I guess the popularity of the UTVs has cut into the ATV market a bit. When I bought my Rancher 350 4x4 20 years ago, I think the MSRP was around $5,200. Now it's what, $6,500?
I would say that's the culprit. After having a UTV, I will never buy another ATV. The only thing we use our ATV for is getting to tight to reach spots and in deep hollows. We sold the rest of the ATVs. I'm sure they saw this same trend in their market analysis

beefydeer

I would be looking at the baseline Rancher 4x4, manual shift, solid rear axle, no electronics. The fewer moving parts, the better. The less electronics, the better. Less to go wrong.

Side by sides are the biggest seller now by far. The MSRP on the Rancher manual shift straight axle is $6,499 but we sell them for less than that.

Latest posts