Anglers land first ever Great White shark on Alabama beach

Omega

That link took forever to load, and then no pictures. They linked and article/video that is better.
Anglers land great white shark on Baldwin County beach

In the early 90s fishing off the beach in NC a friend and I were catching little sharks while waist deep in the surf, then this 5'-6' shark swam right in front of us, we just looked at each other and promptly returned to the beach. No way would I do it now, after seeing the videos of all those sharks just offshore, and now Great Whites....NOPE!

UCStandSitter

If you watch "River Monsters" with Jeremy Wade, you may decide there are no safe waters to swim!
I stick to Dale Hollow. I know there are big cats there but too deep for me to reach. Honestly, I don't swim much at all these days outside of a pool and even then it's rare. Nobody wants to see a pasty fat man with his shirt off.

BamaProud

Exactly what I was thinking! "Juvenile"?

Guess the species, like all others, is constantly evolving.
At some point, they will "normally" start habituating far up the Mississippi River?

Bull Sharks travel up the Mississippi River occasionally. In 1995 one made it all the way to Saint Louis, Missouri, near Rush Island Power Station.

Stumpsitter

Guy I used to work with would laugh every time I took the family to FL. for vacation. I once told him I didn't get in the ocean. He laughed and asked why? I told him because that just puts me in the food chain. I still don't get in ocean. Never have and never will (intentionally).

Latest posts