Amazing morn….

redblood

At 8 pm last noght fishing wasnt even a consideration. Intense heat, weekend (usually wont go on a weekend during summer) and my active target 2 system had lost power. Went out to see if i could figure out problem and it turned out to be the inline fuse. Swapped it out and had it back going. Put everything on charge and headed out this morn at 4:30. Started slow a couple spotted bass then a few crappie and then 2 eating size channel cats (on a 2" grub) and the went down a cover and was trolling along running the active target and wow- some kind of under water timber and crappie were everywhere and they were ready to play. Almost every cast and most were big. Ended keeping a dozen crappie and letting the rest go- even keepers. Kept a couple 1.5 pound spotted bass and 2 catfish. Even caught a smalmouth for good measure. Most of the crappie we kept were 11.5 to 12" .. it was hot for sure and quite a bit of joy riding and jet skis but fish didnt care. Here are a couple of the times we doubled up- once the lines got crossed and you never saw such a mess.

Attachments

• IMG_2470.jpeg
    IMG_2470.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6607.jpeg
    IMG_6607.jpeg
    329.2 KB · Views: 102

redblood

Yum!

Crappie was my second favorite freshwater fish (behind sauger)... until I started fishing inshore 😀
I never had sauger- its love or hate on saltwater fish for me. Live speckled trout and flounder. Love red snapper- hate grouper and amberjack. Not a fan of tuna.

When we are at the beach- shrimp and oysters have my attention

Spurhunter

Yum!

Crappie was my second favorite freshwater fish (behind sauger)... until I started fishing inshore 😀
Love me some sauger! It's rare that I get it though. I know a guy that fishes Pickwick below the dam and is a phenomenal sauger fisherman. I want to go with him but I can't leave the crappie alone long enough to join him.

Harold Money jr

Redblood,
I promise I'm not trying to find your fishing hole. I just looked on a map just looking to where you probably caught em. It looks like you could go to wheeler as easy as priest. You really don't have much lake fishing close to you do you?

redblood

Tims ford is the close lake to me- 24 miles

Normandy is 26 miles

Woods is 44 miles

Those are the 3 i fish. Woods seems to be the best crappie lake to me but i probably go to Normandy most.

Tims will be great once the water gets cold and people stay home.

agelessssone

Priest is great for hybrids, white bass, good for crappie.
Bass get hammered weekly by multiple tournaments.
Winter can be fantastic fishing for hybrids and whites.
We've had multiple 100+ fish days in the winter.

redblood

The thought of oulling my boat through heavy traffic is unappealing to me. So the nashville area lakes will be avoided at all cost- it also seems the proximiof those lakes to urban areas would equal more boaters- something else unappealing to me

Latest posts