Alabama's freshman QB & Jalen Hurts

PalsPal

BTW, rumor is that Saban wanted Tua most of this season. but Hurts is so well-liked by his teammates that he wouldn't pull the trigger.

The first half was the final straw, and as they say, the rest is history.

cbhunter

Re: Alabama's freshman QB & Jalen Hurts

rem270":12digd9i said:
PillsburyDoughboy":12digd9i said:
cbhunter":12digd9i said:
PillsburyDoughboy said:
Having Hurts AND TUA BOTH in the roster is a good problem to have .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wishful thinking but it's time for you to let go of Hurts, he is done ;)

Maybe... We won't know till the first snap of the ball in regular season play next year. At least it gives us something to talk about in the Sports Talk Forum between now and then. :poke: :tu: :super:

Kind of a bittersweet NC. Happy For Alabama but sad for Pruitt as that was his last NC to ever be in :(
you might be right about not getting a NC at UT BUT he is the key to NEVER losing to KY again ;)

cbhunter

rem270":zp238mdl said:
cbhunter":zp238mdl said:
rem270":zp238mdl said:
you might be right about not getting a NC at UT BUT he is the key to NEVER losing to KY again ;)

:rotf: :rotf: I dislike (not hate) you :D :D
[emoji23][emoji23] it's ok cause it's mutual [emoji23][emoji23]

PillsburyDoughboy

The skuttlebutt at the poker table tonight is Hurts will transfer and sit out a year to Either FAU under Kiffin or (wait for it) vols under pruitt.

Seems legit !

leader

PillsburyDoughboy":1e9s9izg said:
The skuttlebutt at the poker table tonight is Hurts will transfer and sit out a year to Either FAU under Kiffin or (wait for it) vols under pruitt.

Seems legit !

Vols don't want him

PillsburyDoughboy

leader":3vdy43zn said:
PillsburyDoughboy":3vdy43zn said:

Seems legit !

Vols don't want him

You're boy is going to have something to say about that !

cbhunter

leader":j8v1qg45 said:
PillsburyDoughboy":j8v1qg45 said:

Seems legit !

Vols don't want him

this! I don't dislike the guy. He has a lot off poise and seems to have a great character. He earns my respect but he will never be more than mediocre. Him and Dobbs are a great comparison. Hellacious athletes with crazy running abilities, good short pass game and absolutely horrible at passes of 10 yds or more. Never translates into an elite talent but manages to win more than not. Pruitt says he wants a pro style qb and that in no way translates to Hurts

PillsburyDoughboy

TeamMainStreet":2fgj2j3i said:
I dont really see Saban letting Hurts transfer to TN. FAU if it happens.

He can certainly block that's for sure

Crow Terminator

There was a lot of talk after the Auburn game that Tua should have been brought in on the 2nd half but they didn't. All thru practices for the bowl games, Tua had been showing outstanding performance. Rumor was, they were going to play him in the Clemson bowl game if they were behind. Hurts kept it rolling though and they got through but rest assured, Tua was ready for his number to be called. I agree, Tua has the arm...Jalen has the legs. I'm still somewhat of a football newbie and even I saw how predictable Jalen was with the ball. He rarely stepped up in the pocket. When he is pressured, he always rolls right and either tries running the ball, throws the ball to Ridley if he is open, or out of bounds. It's almost like he is blind to other receivers. Tua steps up in the pocket and launches that thing like a cannon.

Saban said the interception was a mis communication pass...the play was suppose to be a running play but Tua thought it was a pass play. Rumor was, he was leaving Bama after the championship to go to UCLA, was gonna sit out the yr and then play. I imagine things are different now since He may be sitting in that cat bird seat formally occupied by Jalen.

And most definitely, Bama's friggin kicker needs replaced. Jalen could probably get more thru the posts than he can. We cringe every time special teams come on the field. Tua probably saved Andy from being lynched lol

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I have said all along that Hurts is not a good quarterback.
He is a great runner and a fair quarterback.
The first game I saw Tua play in it was obvious he was the better quarterback, by a long shot.

What Saben did is what seperates a great coach from a run of the mill one.

I didn't see any of the interviews but the great attitudes don't really surprise me from either of them.
Definitely refreshing.

I would move Hurts to running back but keep him in the loop & practice as a quarterback just in case Tua gets hurt or tanks.

I believe both will be at Alabama for the rest of the time they are in college though.

NAjoe

Hurts will be a holder only. Damien Harris announced he's coming back for senior year. Josh Jacobs, najee harris (5*), Ford kid (5*), and another highly recruited freshman rb say hurts will either be a backup and holder for a year (he's close to graduating already) and be a grad transfer. Or he'll transfer after spring semester. He won't pass Tua back as the starter as...he can't pass.

cbhunter

rem270":286e5ap8 said:
Whether Hurts stays or not I still stay Alabama will win at least the next 3 out of 5 NC's.
they will be tough with Tua as qb but 3 outta next five is pushing it lol

rem270

cbhunter":1nqc0gwx said:
rem270":1nqc0gwx said:
Whether Hurts stays or not I still stay Alabama will win at least the next 3 out of 5 NC's.

I'm not saying just because Tua is there either. If Saban stays they got several more to go!

cbhunter

rem270":ujf4vx1p said:
cbhunter":ujf4vx1p said:
rem270":ujf4vx1p said:

I'm not saying just because Tua is there either. If Saban stays they got several more to go!

He is one of a kind without a doubt. Hope they fall off the face of earth though :rotf: