air rifle doe

Headhunter

It is a Texan LSS in 45 caliber. Made by Airforce Airguns. The LSS comes with a moderator (sliencer) the Texan does not. I shot that doe with a Nielson Specialty 240 gr bullet. I have killed 3 so far ranging from close to 90 yards. 100 yards is about limit on killing range IMO.

Gun is very accurate, will shoot an inch group at 100 yards.

Gun costs about $1400. No background check needed, UPS will leave on doorstep. There are several companies making them in several calibers.
The guy that told me about it has killed 24 deer with his including a great 8 ptr at 100 yards that dressed over 190 lbs.

"Air" cost a bit at first. The longer you own the gun, that cost kind of evens out, well some.

I first got an air compressor. IMO, waste of time and money. Luckily got my money back for the air compressor. I paid $800 for it and it was crap and even when it worked, it took several minutes to fill the tank on the gun.

The tank on the gun is rated about 3600 psi. I fill it to 3100 psi for hunting and can get 4 to 5 shots depending on weight of bullet.

I purchased a carbon scuba tank. Approx. $450. 4500 psi, 120 cu ft.

Also a Ninja paintball gauge, linked below, got mine from Amazon,

$400 for the Ninja gauge.

And a hose to connect gauge to gun. $30 to $40.

The tank is the way to go. $30 to refill it. I can shoot hundreds of shots from the tank while hooked up to it and it take less than a minute to fill the tank on the gun and you can fill the tank several times.

The gun is very quiet. Any other deer around don't even pay attention when I have shot it.

Triple_H

First Deer.jpg

I bought a .357 Benjamin Bullpup. My son killed a doe with it a couple weeks ago.
155 grain devastator pellet that I found on ebay. We added a suppressor.

45 yd shot, she ran about 30.

Triple_H

Those airguns seem like they perform better than a muzzleloader! Congrats to everyone on the nice kills! Wish I could afford one.
It took me 2 years to convince my wife that we really needed one!!! 😂
In reality, they are very accurate and very fun to shoot.
You can get about 6-8 shots at full strength. I have the hand pump, it is quite a workout to get the pressure back up.

Headhunter

It took me 2 years to convince my wife that we really needed one!!! 😂
In reality, they are very accurate and very fun to shoot.
You can get about 6-8 shots at full strength. I have the hand pump, it is quite a workout to get the pressure back up.
Can't imagine a hand pump. I would let you fill from my scuba tank but you would have to drive to Nashville, might be cheaper to get the tank.

Headhunter

My texan, and I am going memory from last year, but over a magneto. but I am shooting 250 grain bullets 1100 to 1200fps. A 385 gr bullet is close to 900 fps.

with a 250 gr bullet it is fairly flat to 100 yards.

I will shoot over chronograph again to verify.

fairchaser

If anyone who doesn't think an air gun can be deadly needs to watch the movie "No Country for Old Men".

Latest posts