Aint about time to

bowriter

R.I.P.
Boil some bugs? This is 50 pounds I did last spring.

Forum-36.jpg

JimFromTN

Where can you get them for a descent price? Around here, 50 pounds goes for around $200 and it only feeds about 10 cajuns.

bowriter

R.I.P.
I have mine flown in from LA. However, I get them free. My uncle nets them and ships them to me in styro coolers on ice. I pay for the shipping. And no, that is not my place. That is a plantation in AL. We can feed about 40 people at one time.

midtndeerhunter

I to have been looking for a place to get some bugs at a decent price. On tennessee fishing there is a guy who says they farm em up here in tennessee and sell them, don't know if he's legit or not. Also saw a site that ships them overnight from the bayou, but its a bit pricey. Would love to hear of a place thats got some mud bugs for a decent price. Ya'll let me know if you no of anywhere.

bowriter

R.I.P.
They are expensive unless you can buy them on site. I'm lucky in that my uncle goes out his back door and nets them for me. All they cost me is air freight which is not bad. I pay about $22 for 50 pounds. This is 50 pounds. Keep in mind, that isn't very many bugs.

forum2-13.jpg

bowriter

R.I.P.
They are just about on scale with jumbo shrimp and cheaper than lobster. I'm getting my lobster out of Shepody NB for around $2 a pound plus shipping. I buy 6-8 chicken lobsters at a time and the total bill is under $50.

When I am up there, my friend who is a lobsterman, sneak off the boat for me for free. I cook lobsters exactly the same way I do crawfish. And yes, I suck their heads, too.

JimFromTN

bowriter said:
I cook lobsters exactly the same way I do crawfish. And yes, I suck their heads, too.

Do you end up with a big lump of green goo in your mouth when you suck their heads? Never could get myself to eat the tomalley.

Latest posts