Spare time

Mud Creek

20240222_165036.jpg
20240222_165019.jpg

Mud Creek

X2! That's how ribs are supposed to look. Perfection!

Hey Mud Creek…What kind of cooker? Time? Temp? Wood used (or pellets, depending on the cooker)?
Thanks!

Smoked on Oklahoma Joe offset using the 3-2-1 method(basically). Temp held great @250, after I unwrapped them for the last hour I was closer to 270 degrees on the smoker.

I got a small bed of coals going, then smoked them with mostly some apple wood and a couple small sticks of hickory thrown on. Ribs were rubbed with a little paprika, dark brown sugar, and the Blues Hog sweet and savory rub. They were spritzed with apple juice with a pan of apple juice under them. In the foil for the wrap: a little brown sugar, little butter, honey, blues hog rub,and a little sauce but not much or it will glob up.

Usually I'm all about fruit wood when smoking unless it's beef, then I use oak. I was never a big fan of hickory, mainly because that's what just about everybody uses(I guess because it's more accessible)so it made everything taste the same to me. I'm not sure what it is, but lately I've come to appreciate hickory more! Even the smell of hickory smoke used to be off putting to me compared to fruit wood but the last few months have been different. I did a straight hickory smoke a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how good it smelled/tasted.

Latest posts