Aggies to hire OC

cbhunter

Bobby Petrino apparently is going to the Aggie's. Love him/hate him or whatever, that dude can coach!

Aggies are getting a lot stronger

Come on PDB and tell us how awful this is and how he is old and washed up 😂

Bamamonts

I just this also. I'm not a fan of his but he had a good team at Arkansas. He's a good offensive coach. We'll see if he can bring some life to A&M's offense.

PalsPal

I knew A&M had a poor season, but this is pitiful:

Fisher will look to Petrino to instill life into an offense that has struggled mightily across the past two seasons. Texas A&M ranked No. 101 nationally and 13th out of 14 SEC teams in scoring offense during its disastrous, 5-7 2022 campaign.

The article also states that Jimbo has been calling his own plays for the past 13 seasons.

That's a big decision to give that up, but I guess he realized he needed to do something.

Bamamonts

They had a lot of talent last year but just never got it working. They need something not sure he is the answer. I think Jimbo has underperformed at A&M. They have had talent but haven't performed.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I'm not necessarily a SDS fan, and this article is a little bit strong, but I have to agree with the guy's sentiments. It may turn out to be a great hire, but Petrino's past job history, and post employment interviews with staff members from numerous previous numerous jobs, leads me to believe that Petrino is a condescending narcissist who can only get success for a short period of time before things start to unravel. He doesn't stay anywhere long, and people are always glad that he's gone despite his success.

PalsPal

That's a great article.

One Arkansas staffer told me, "He was an ass—-, but he was our ass—

He brings up a lot of things I didn't know. Makes you wonder why would Fisher even consider it, unless they have a history that the article doesnt mention.

Latest posts