AGFC Proposal - 1 turkey statewide

Gobble4me757

Ha! How about those reduced bag limits and delayed seasons…yeah as expected didn't do anything…just saying for all those for that…sucks though as once again, if they introduced a trapping incentive program as well as focused on statewide habitat improvement it would be interesting to see where those would get them…my suspicions would probably say they would be in a better spot than the alternative…

Andy S.

D2DD28C9-2BA8-4B8E-95D9-F848F9F6872C.jpeg

Spurhunter

I can remember when Izard, Stone and Sharp counties killed 600-800 birds each spring. It's terrible how far they've fallen, especially for the residents and locals.
My buddy's land is in Sharp County. Hard to believe they only killed 228 in a covid year when so many people were hunting more days than ever before. I hunted a few days in Sharp County years ago and it wasn't a problem finding a bird to hunt.

REN

Dead serious when I say this. I honestly dont care if it were 1 or 4. My main thing I would be most frustrated by if it were 1 would be my season would be over early and I would hate that. Dont get me wrong I love to shoot turkey but not having the ability to go after 3 days into the season would be hard for my soul to take lol. Just being there, hearing all the sounds of spring are what bring me the most joy.

I get the flip side though, if something isnt done I may not have the population to even hunt.

AT Hiker

Dead serious when I say this. I honestly dont care if it were 1 or 4. My main thing I would be most frustrated by if it were 1 would be my season would be over early and I would hate that. Dont get me wrong I love to shoot turkey but not having the ability to go after 3 days into the season would be hard for my soul to take lol. Just being there, hearing all the sounds of spring are what bring me the most joy.

I get the flip side though, if something isnt done I may not have the population to even hunt.
Just try to bow hunt them without a decoy/ground blind...you'll be hunting all season :p

megalomaniac

What's most interesting are the years 2012 thru 2015 or so... it actually looked like the 'no jake' rule was making a difference and improving harvest (and one would assume population indirectly), but then the bottom started falling out again in 2016 for whatever reason.