AB Results / ODD / Grapic!!!

Tiny

During my time around this grand ol campfire,as well as other places, I've read field reports of bullets leaving exit holes but no blood trial.I have seen a lack of blood trial with some bullets leaveing exit holes but never one that didn't leave a drop untill this one below.

The story is, A GA. Doe that made the mistake of coming out in a field in front of my CDL SFL .3006 using Nosler 150gr AB's.

The shot was about 70yards give or take and she went about the same distance out of the field and into the woods.There was no doubt that I hit her hard but there wasn't one drop of blood until 5 yards from were she fell and then there wasn't much.The cleaning rack would show why. BTW the lung and heart were jelly and as you will see the bullet exited but the hide shifted covering and pluggin the exit hole.

[color:#660000]The Last 3 Pics below might be a little two graphic for some. [/color]

The deer

188.jpg

The cleaned body cavitty entry wound

191.jpg

The cleaned body cavity exit wound Notice the hide pluggin it up.

193.jpg

The exit this was about the size of quarter after I found it.Sorry for the poor quality on this one still need some work with the camera.

195.jpg

TiminTN

The shot was just high on the deer, and had to have time to fill up the chest cavity before bleeding out.

Common.

The Accubonds are definately harder than Ballistic Tips, and with a 308 and 180 grain bullets, I would use a Ballistic Tip too.

I would shoot 150`s out of a 308, due their integrity.

Shoot what gives you confidence, Accubonds do it for me. Most of my stuff runs them pretty hard.

Those are certainly not caliber sized holes like the solids give, and motivates me to the point of going this afternoon for a run with 300 Shamu in tow and those very pills.

I only can hope my pictures will mirror yours.

Tiny

WinModel70,
I only posted them here.

Tim,
Your right the shoot was little high.However the hide did shift over and block off the exit hole.I had to dig around to find it.

steven,
This was just one of those odd things that happen from time to to time.True this exit was smaller than normal,normal being silver dollar size for those we have shot with the AB's.However as Tim siad one does need to use what they have confidence in. Myself I have nothing against the BT but have much more confidence in the AB or Partitions.