A shot at "REDEMPTION"

spitndrum

Well I went to bed last night with a mind set to go Predator hunting in the morning if it wasn't too nasty and wet expected it to be cold, As I woke up this morning just after daylight looked out side and seen how that wind storm dried up the grounds so unbelievably I thought to myself that today is going to be a good day....getting to my honey hole it takes about 30-35 minuts to walk to the clear-cut that I missed the bobcat 2 days proir...get to the clear-cut and there is Yote tracks all over the place froze over ofcourse but since I had been in there....

I get to the very same spot that I missed the Bobcat and thought what the heck can't hurt anything.....its just a great look out spot...you can see for 300 yards.....I got the call set up and was getting my gun set up and had a Deja-Vu from 2 days before almost as if I was sitting then and not now....I turned the call on and it has a short in the wiring so it stuttered...I turned it off and seen something on the horizon...."This can't be??" I quickly turned the call back on and it starts it regular squalking as it would brand new...3 Yotes come charging down the clear-cut right to the gun barrel....I am a nervous wreck at this point...First yote gets within 20 yards coming from 300 in a matter of seconds and I squeeze off it barks and squals around and runs right past me...thinking of it and not the others...I quickly turn back around and see a big male standing 20 yards just wondering what the heck went on....Ya Buddy it all happen fast for me too..... So I smoked him....Wow most guys call up singles but here I have shot 2 on my 2nd ever calling trip....I was amazed to see the 3rd one running off the horizon at 200 yards and all caught up in the moment I slung lead at it too.... the second Yote lays motionless in front of me while I got to check for the first one....nothing no blood, hair, tracks...nothing...we finally figured that I just grazed that one cause we found track in the frost 200 yards down the trail and if I would have hit it in the chest at 20 yards it might have made it that far but not without a drop of blood!!!!

Sorry this story is so long...but I had a awesoem experience this morning and this is a sport that I will never get tired of doing!!!!

Male 35 Pounds
Savage 17HMR
Barska 6.5x24x50
Johnny Stewart Preymaster/Distressed Cottontail
20 yards-Folded him up!!!!
IMG_1406.jpg
[/img]
IMG_1405.jpg
[/img]
IMG_1408.jpg
[/img]
DSCF0860.jpg
[/img]

Plateau Hunter

Super!!--I don't know if I could stand 3 coyotes running at me at once-one is exciting enough. A .223 AR would have been nice. Varmint hunting-especially for coyotes really gets the adrenalin going when they start coming into view.

It is more exciting than deer hunting at least for me. And the nice thing is season is open year round. Plateau Hunter

spitndrum

Plateau Hunter said:
Super!!--I don't know if I could stand 3 coyotes running at me at once-one is exciting enough. A .223 AR would have been nice. Varmint hunting-especially for coyotes really gets the adrenalin going when they start coming into view.

It is more exciting than deer hunting at least for me. And the nice thing is season is open year round. Plateau Hunter

Yes hands down....I thought nothing could compare to deer hunting....I went turkey hunting....surley nothing compares to turkey hunting...but it ranks really high in my book...maybe not as much as turkey but close!!!!

Latest posts