Well, I got a couple for lunch.... regardless!! šŸ˜‚

Tenntrapper

Took the dog out this morning and the squirrels were barking like crazy behind the neighbor's house. Hmmm
Grabbed the 22 and headed over. They have some pecan trees behind their house....and are gone camping, so.... šŸ˜‚
Anyway....I've got to figure this thing out. The scope is really low and sighted in at 35 yards. It does good at 35, but.....ain't going to lie...I missed a BUNCH that should have been a done deal. Started looking at my ranges...most were less than 20 yards. Started aiming over their head and connected on a couple. Thinking maybe I'll sight it in at 25 and give it another go. Plenty of tree rats back there. Oh...and I had two does, each with a fawn, walk up on me. All in all...had a good couple hours out in the woods.

Last edited:

Tenntrapper

That's a nice rifle. I assume it's a custom 10-22?
Kinda sorta.
It started life as a Talo exclusive. 1 of 1000. It was a bone stock 10/22 with a AA fancy French walnut stock. It didn't shoot to my satisfaction, so I changed the barrel to a Green Mountain 16.5" SS fluted match barrel. I also changed the trigger group to a Timney Calvin Elite 2-stage. It definitely shoots better than it did prior, but still not where I want it. I'm still trying different ammo's trying to find what it likes, so maybe it will settle in and tighten the groups.

44 mag

Kinda sorta.
It started life as a Talo exclusive. 1 of 1000. It was a bone stock 10/22 with a AA fancy French walnut stock. It didn't shoot to my satisfaction, so I changed the barrel to a Green Mountain 16.5" SS fluted match barrel. I also changed the trigger group to a Timney Calvin Elite 2-stage. It definitely shoots better than it did prior, but still not where I want it. I'm still trying different ammo's trying to find what it likes, so maybe it will settle in and tighten the groups.
It's a beautiful rifle