A real douche nugget...

Team Browning

Almost sounds like duck blind crap on a wma.
I was in MT Juliet last week for work. Hotel has the free terrible breakfast. There was a possum policeman getting in the night before at about the same time as me. I see him behind me in the breakfast line the next morning. I turned around and said, "Hey! When is the TWRA going to get this duck blind business fixed?" His eyes got really big and I started laughing. I told him I've never duck hunted in my life but could see it was serious business for some. He told me that had been a major screwup. We shook our heads and went on with our days.

Speedwell-Hunter

I was fishing with my buddy one day on KY lake.
He said we are gonna go to this one point where I can promise you there have been more 5 & 6 pound bass caught right there than anywhere else on the lake.
When we got there someone was fishing it.
Oh well, we can hit it later.
It was some kind of "pro" I guess, and he had a co-angler.
My buddy said we will just scan it out here on the other side.
We were about 75 yards from the guy just idling and looking at the screen.
Then I heard a splash behind us.

My buddy turned around and said, Did he just throw at us?
I said, looks like he wanted to get your attention.
My buddy turned and got a little closer and asked the guy if he had a problem.
Dude was irate saying he was trying to make a living or something like that.
My guy said we are just scanning and no where near close enough to mess with your fish.
Dude started cussing and said he was gonna feed my buddy a DR25 or something like that.
Then he acted like he was gonna cast it at us.

I spoke up and said dude, I ain't got a dog in this race but I promise you, if you hit me with that I will beat your arse so bad your mamma will hurt for a week.

He spewed a couple more cuss words and then my buddy looked at me and asked if I had ever seen a toilet bowl.
I was like what?

Then he proceeds to hammer the 250 DOWN and we did two tight circles around the dude. :D

It was all pretty dayum stupid.
damn, and i thought road rage was left on the f00king road! What the hell is going on on the water?

Speedwell-Hunter

I was in MT Juliet last week for work. Hotel has the free terrible breakfast. There was a possum policeman getting in the night before at about the same time as me. I see him behind me in the breakfast line the next morning. I turned around and said, "Hey! When is the TWRA going to get this duck blind business fixed?" His eyes got really big and I started laughing. I told him I've never duck hunted in my life but could see it was serious business for some. He told me that had been a major screwup. We shook our heads and went on with our days.
I know nothing abou the duck blind issue, can you send me a link? thanks

sneakybow

My rule of thumb is, if I can understand/hear what you are saying with you talking in a normal tone from your boat, then you are too close to me. The same people that do that, are the same type people that will come into a restroom with 10 empty urinals and pick the one right beside you...like they want to rub weiners or something. If there ever was a pet peeve of mine for fishin, that's gonna be it. I can tolerate the jet skies and wake boats better than I can the fishermen that makes a beeline right to you when there's so many other places they could go. I couldn't tell you how many times I've been headed to a spot I really wanted to fish...only to see a boat already there and I just turn away and go somewhere else. Seldom do people give that same respect though...Chickamauga is super bad about people doing it. Most there are out of towners and if they see the TN registration numbers on your boat, they assume you're local and know where the good spots are. I seldom fish it because of that. Just this morning I was fishin some shell crackers beds and had a red bass boat come into the cove I was in. They come off plane and idled by me; I assume they were scanning to see what I was fishin and or I was in the spot they wanted. They didn't stop but instead, did a big figure 8 around me with their big motor trimmed down and heavy on the throttle and then took off. Their wakes nearly knocked me off the front deck. I wasn't even bass fishing like I assumed they were.
They may have just seen your Alabama hat lol. When you coming out to hunt speed goats? Tell Carrie I said hello.

cowhunter71

Who has seen the fishin meme with 3 stick dudes fishing current from the bank. 4th stick dude shows up and chunks it right over other 3 lines. An ass whooping ensues. Classic and needs to be added to this thread by someone smarter than me. Always got to be that one guy is I believe the title

Last edited:

Lost Lake

Every once in a while karma rears it's head.

A buddy, or his father used to take me with them as a practice/and or buddy tournament partner. Whichever one needed me, I was glad to go. They taught me a lot about fishing, and lake etiquette.

My buds dad and I were fishing in Lost Creek on Kentucky Lake, and a couple of butt plugs in a fancy Skeeter kept crowding us and cussing us. I think they were pros or something.

Anyway, they fired up and blew out of there. My buds dad said, "watch this….."

Locals knew that the creek makes a weird turn there, and there are, or used to be stumps all along that gravel point. You gotta go around it.

They ripped the transom CLEAN out of the back of their boat. Luckily the water is shallow, so they were able to stand out there waiting for help that someone else would have to call for. This was back in the late 80's.

Oh well….

Last edited:

TNReb

People are crazy. That's the reason I keep my mouth shut on the lake. The last thing I want is to get in to some argument and have some idiot pull a gun on me over a fishing spot.

One night at the ramp my buddy was backing my truck in. It was dark, and there was one other boat that just pulled up to the dock. My buddy didn't turn off the headlights because he didn't know anyone else was there. The headlights scanned across the guy for MAYBE 2 seconds.

The guy starts yelling "you tell your friend I'm going to kick his @$$ if he doesn't turn off his headlights!"

I just hollered back "ok!".

My buddy backs the truck in right beside the guy and I pull up on the trailer. My buddy gets out of the truck to attach the winch strap.

My buddy is a pretty good size fella. :D

I loudly said "hey that guy told me to tell you he was going to kick your @$$!".

The guy couldn't eat his words fast enough. I was cracking up and my partner had no clue what was going on.

Latest posts