A dream come true

Spurhunter

I know it's a perfect storm, but how wonderful would it be? Kirby Smart to Georgia, Lame Kiffin to Miami, and Mario Cristobal to Rutgers. Then, there are rumors that Saban might retire after this season (I don't believe them, but it's possible). All of the sudden UpdykeU is in shambles. Crumbled. A dumpster fire of epic proportions. The program could return to the glorious Mike Shula era. Once again, like in the Shula days, you couldn't buy a "roll tide" in Tennessee for a hundred dollar bill. All over the south bandwagon Updykes would be stripping script A's with mullets off their 1995 Corollas and Ford Rangers. The undignified champ chasers of Bandwagon Nation would be forced into hiding. Yes. That would be a dream come true. :tu:

gator-n-buck

You might be getting a little head of yourself. Bama has been losing coaches for years. UFs HC and OC coached under Saban and helped win 3 N/C. They left like several others and the Tide kept rolling.

Be careful what you wish for. Next season is CBJ' make or break year. It almost came undone this year but a bad GA team saved him... :)

I don't have a dog in the fight. Just my 2 cents.

Spurhunter

gator-n-buck":2c2zp3m2 said:
You might be getting a little head of yourself. Bama has been losing coaches for years. UFs HC and OC coached under Saban and helped win 3 N/C. They left like several others and the Tide kept rolling.

Have they ever lost both coordinators, the o line coach and the head coach at the same time and kept rolling? For me to be "getting ahead of myself" I would have to be making a prediction. I said it's a dream and a perfect storm. You might want to google those definitions.

Spurhunter

gator-n-buck":2v2b1jei said:
Be careful what you wish for. Next season is CBJ' make or break year. It almost came undone this year but a bad GA team saved him... :)

So alabammer in shambles would be bad for CBJ? What planet are you on? Btw, I knew you'd find a way to take a shot at UT and CBJ on a totally unrelated topic. It's what you do.

baddnole

A Southerner's look at Alabama FOOTBALL

Well let's just say what most people think about the University of Alabama. Its football pursuits justify its identity with an uneducated backward white population and a symbolic link to the Lost Cause they hold so dear. Much in the same way as D.W. Griffith's movie The Birth of a Nation encouraged the worst elements of southern society a hundred years ago; Bama football still encourages a similar backward behavior from a large segment of its fan base today. The Crimson Tide football team is an outlet for their lunatic fringe fans and gives them a venue to be recognized.

Bama fans overestimate the "esteem" of being the last college football factory and unwittingly rob themselves of the very reverence they crave by their boorish and obsessive behavior. They defend the indefensible and deny the undeniable. Their unhealthy emotional stake in Bama football substitutes for their own lack of personal acknowledgement and respect. Thus driven by extreme emotion they have delusions and commit unconscionable often violent actions (Harvey Updyke and others). Even Nick Saban contributes to the lunacy by comparing losing a football game to the Pearl Harbor and 911 tragedies when thousands of Americans lost their lives.

Also the University of Alabama's misplaced priorities of gold-plated football fluff over economic substance harms the state's citizens with a false bravado of football. History reveals that the holy crusade of Bama football acts as an impediment to social and economic progress. For instance the University of Alabama administration allows white-only sororities to continue their policy of banning African-American females from membership. Ironic that most of the precocious Bama "student athletes" are African-American but their daughters and sisters can be excluded from university sororities.

It is well known that when a university simply reflects the attitudes of its football fans it is no longer a university in the true meaning of the word. Football has stalled the University of Alabama's transformation into a modern university with intellectual, aesthetic or humanistic concerns. The reality is that the NCAA would actually do the University of Alabama a favor by handing down the Death Penalty for its football team. Then perhaps finally its faculty, alumni and students might appreciate the scholarship and learning that mark a university with intellectual fiber and integrity. And so it is that "roll tide" is the mortifying apology for those who are either naive or without individual self-respect or dignity.

With all that being said-------Go Bama,destroy Florida. :tu:

PalsPal

BamaProud":1z3xnsai said:
Saban is responsible for TN's recent years of hard times:

:D

No, Fulmer's failure to recruit in his final years is the SOLE reason for TN's hard times. I know you want it to be because of Saban, but it's not. It was Spurrier at SC and Richt at GA keeping more of that talent at home.

Mark it down, the Vols beat Bama TWICE next year ;) :twisted: (assuming Bama gets to the SEC champ game)!

Zulu

Spurhunter":tqq91qw1 said:
All over the south bandwagon Updykes would be stripping script A's with mullets off their 1995 Corollas and Ford Rangers. The undignified champ chasers of Bandwagon Nation would be forced into hiding. Yes. That would be a dream come true. :tu:

You made the point and missed it at the same time. Bandwagon fans are exactly that: Fans of the Bandwagon. When Alabama eventually falls from the mountaintop (and it will happen...it's part of the circle-of-life, Simba) those same mouthbreathers will chase whoever is in ascendance and start screaming "Hotty Toddy!" "War Eagle!" or even (gasp!) "Go Vols!" Are you going to direct the same vitriol towards those "fans" when they're wearing orange and white and singing Rocky Top?

Spurhunter

PalsPal":ytabx28v said:
BamaProud":ytabx28v said:

No, Fulmer's failure to recruit in his final years is the SOLE reason for TN's hard times. I know you want it to be because of Saban, but it's not. It was Spurrier at SC and Richt at GA keeping more of that talent at home.

Bandwagon Nation thinks the sun rises and sets because Little Nicky says so. No reason they wouldn't give credit for everything else.

Spurhunter

baddnole":1sx4p510 said:
A Southerner's look at Alabama FOOTBALL

Well let's just say what most people think about the University of Alabama. Its football pursuits justify its identity with an uneducated backward white population and a symbolic link to the Lost Cause they hold so dear. Much in the same way as D.W. Griffith's movie The Birth of a Nation encouraged the worst elements of southern society a hundred years ago; Bama football still encourages a similar backward behavior from a large segment of its fan base today. The Crimson Tide football team is an outlet for their lunatic fringe fans and gives them a venue to be recognized.

Bama fans overestimate the "esteem" of being the last college football factory and unwittingly rob themselves of the very reverence they crave by their boorish and obsessive behavior. They defend the indefensible and deny the undeniable. Their unhealthy emotional stake in Bama football substitutes for their own lack of personal acknowledgement and respect. Thus driven by extreme emotion they have delusions and commit unconscionable often violent actions (Harvey Updyke and others). Even Nick Saban contributes to the lunacy by comparing losing a football game to the Pearl Harbor and 911 tragedies when thousands of Americans lost their lives.

Also the University of Alabama's misplaced priorities of gold-plated football fluff over economic substance harms the state's citizens with a false bravado of football. History reveals that the holy crusade of Bama football acts as an impediment to social and economic progress. For instance the University of Alabama administration allows white-only sororities to continue their policy of banning African-American females from membership. Ironic that most of the precocious Bama "student athletes" are African-American but their daughters and sisters can be excluded from university sororities.

It is well known that when a university simply reflects the attitudes of its football fans it is no longer a university in the true meaning of the word. Football has stalled the University of Alabama's transformation into a modern university with intellectual, aesthetic or humanistic concerns. The reality is that the NCAA would actually do the University of Alabama a favor by handing down the Death Penalty for its football team. Then perhaps finally its faculty, alumni and students might appreciate the scholarship and learning that mark a university with intellectual fiber and integrity. And so it is that "roll tide" is the mortifying apology for those who are either naive or without individual self-respect or dignity.

I am speechless. The author of this piece GETS IT! This is about as much truth as you'll find on the sports forum.

BamaProud

PalsPal":1op5j8ma said:
BamaProud":1op5j8ma said:

Mark it down, the Vols beat Bama TWICE next year ;) :twisted: (assuming Bama gets to the SEC champ game)!
LOL

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mtn cur

PalsPal":364wkbkq said:

2438326-laughing-hysterically.gif

Latest posts