7mm WSM 120 grain TSX

Model70Man

I called in a young buck this morning grunting. He was coming in fast with his nose to the ground right to me. He got to maybe 20 yds max from my tree and BOOM!!! Perfect lung shot. The bullet was going around 3500 fps on impact. It was a clean pass thru. The lungs were vaporized and the entrance and exit wounds were larger than half dollars. Kimberman found a trail of hair that led to the base of a tree. We dug and found the bullet 5" in the dirt slammed up against a rock. It weighed 95.8 grains.

I will use this bullet again for sure. Awesome results!!!
120TSX001.jpg

7mm08

Great pic and report on TSX.

Barnes TSX 140g @2850fps this AM that was a #115 field dressed spike with 7mm-08 @ 40yds. It was a front quartering shot at the base of the neck in front of the shoulder. It passed through and beyond, leaving but a dime size exit. However, it took out part of the heart, 1 lung, partial liver and exited the opposite flank. The deer ran 15yards. I love this bullet, and I doubt I would ever find mine!

Tiny

7mm08 said:
Great pic and report on TSX.

Barnes TSX 140g @2850fps this AM that was a #115 field dressed spike with 7mm-08 @ 40yds. It was a front quartering shot at the base of the neck in front of the shoulder. It passed through and beyond, leaving but a dime size exit. However, it took out part of the heart, 1 lung, partial liver and exited the opposite flank. The deer ran 15yards. I love this bullet, and I doubt I would ever find mine!

Congrats to you as well and thatnks for the report.

Tiny

showmehorns said:
Sweet!! But I don't think I'd use that bullet again... judging by the shape it's in, it's liable get stuck in yer barrel. :grin:
:D :D

Latest posts