4 blade broadhead

tnanh

I have been bow hunting a long time but have never shot a 4 blade broadhead. I recently got interested in the Slick Trick Magnum 4 blade. I would like opinions on this broadhead and any 4 blade broadhead in general. I am really interested in how you index the blades with the fletching when shooting a 4 blade head.

Andy S.

Exact broadhead I shoot, in 125 grain. They fly like a dart out of my setup at 275 fps and penetrate great. I have no intentions of switching, and have even went as far as to buy numerous packages of them with replacememt blades in case they quit making them, changed the design, etc.

tnanh

How do you align the blades with the fletching or is it just not necessary? I have always been very anal about this even with expandables. I have killed deer with spitfires but want to go back to my lighter blue streaks for a little more speed and I have cut back to 52 pounds since I got old and stuff hurts. I also like practicing with the same brand hunting blades as I hunt with when the season gets close and during hunting season.

dhpro

The are awesome !fly great till you get over 300 then it probably me more than the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tnanh

I bought a pack and shot them a little bit. Were off about 4 inches to the left from my field points. Will broadhead tune and try them again. I shoot a whisker biscuit and have for years. Usually with the biscuit you cant get the broadheads to hit exactly with the field points but can get them within a few inches. I am shooting a Bow Tech Prodigy, pulling 52 pounds. With some injuries the broadheads may be me and just magnifying some of those problems but I don't think so.

Just broadhead tuned and now I am satisfied. Got G5 striker, Redhead Blackout (same as striker) and the Slick Trick Magnums all hitting two inches left of my field tips and dead on up and down with my field tips. All three of those broadheads are stacking on top of each other at 27 yards. Think I will buy another pack of the Slick Tricks and go with them. Will adjust sights a little for now for the field tips and then come first of September will adjust for the Broadheads. Close to season I always have an extra set of broadheads and all my practice is done shooting broadheads only. I hope the blood trails with the four blade are better than the 3 blade Striker/Blackout. Have killed a lot of deer with the Blackout and have only had a couple of very good blood trails. Only reason I am switching to the Slicktrick.

infoman jr.

tnanh":1aedko6f said:
How do you align the blades with the fletching or is it just not necessary?
It's never necessary. Evening if 3 blades are aligned with 3 vanes, or 4 blades are aligned with 4 vanes, the fact that they are spinning means that they are not cutting the same path through the air. If someone is doing it for consistency, well... that's a different conversation.

I shoot the Slick Trick magnum and have been very pleased with their flight and performance. I think I've killed 5 deer with them now.