35 Remington

Stumper

I have now acquired 2 boxes of .35's, Winchester Power Point 200 gr. and 3 boxes of Hornady Leverevolution. Pricey, but all new so loading problems later are solved. Also was given 19 new primed cases to play with first.Plan to cast more 200 gr. lead/tin alloy from wheel weights, some pure lead ingots and tin solder. . Also powder coating before and after sizing with gas checks being applied first during initial sizing. Rookie at this cast stuff but 45 year vet of rolling all my own. Any Suggestions appreciated. I am a grateful willing listener.

Bad habit

I have been casting MiHec HP bullets at 50/50 ww/Pb and feel like they are too soft. Gonna go at least 75/25 next batch. Boy do they make a slap when they hit!

dgolden

I inherited my grandads Marlin 35 Remington today. I guess he was having issues getting ammo as well as he had tons of ammo for every gun except that one.
I'm officially on the hunt for some if somebody wants to part with it.

Stumper

Cabelas $53 a box. Bought 2 for the Brass. Winchester 200 gr. Power points. Was in similar situation. Finding .358 bullets 200 gr. has been a challenge. I am now casting and PC'ing Lee lead/tin Gas checked bullets for hunting. Did find some Leverevolution from a private shooter and got 3 boxes from him. 100 yds, the lead cast are holding their own against them both. Loaded some 158 gr. and 180 Hornady jacketed soft nose hollow points for plinking and they also shoot well. So far, does well with everything I shoot in it. 1958 JC Higgins (Marlin 336A I assume) but had never been shot a lot.

Last edited:

Latest posts