338-06 will have to sit out the rest of the year

Steve Eggers

Until I get a chance to get it cut down about 1/2 inch

I love it but the LOP is just to long -- I shot two does this weekend {1 @ 220 and 1@ 175}and it hammered them I may add
But if the target is not to my left with heavy clothing on its just too long

I guess Ill just have to use my .260 mountain rifle to get a couple more

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
That stock fit can sure make a big difference in the feel of a rifle. I've got a 35 Whelen that I've hunted with for several years and it always just didn't quite feel right. Last summer I bought a set of extended rings and moved the scope back about three quarters of an inch and it sure helped. When I was wearing heavy clothes in the winter the rifle scope just wound up too far away for me to get comfortable with it. Good choice of caliber by the way...you're almost a Whelen Man.

Tiny

Be careful when you cut it or have it cut,real easy to cut to much off.Take the the measurements with your heavy cloths on,even then you might end up a little short for warmer weather shooting. Just a thought.

Just thought of something else.
Assumeing it already has an recoil pad on it. Might be able to remove or change a spacer if it has one or go to a thinnner pad without cutting the stock.

Steve Eggers

Steven --- I have all the confidence in the world in the 260
Took a 10 Point @ 410 yards the first season --not as big as yours ( its in the trophy room)search Eggers

Tiny -- I have all my rifles @ 13 -13 1/8 LOP Thats what it takes for me to handle one well

Whelan - Both Rounds have what I call (Cool Factor)
I have had people ask why :D

Latest posts