30 Cal Carbine Reloading ?

Tiny

A friend of mine asked me to reload some a good while back and gave me back a few of those empties plus a few more,I finally got around to working on.

Those first ones were bought fried cases.The dies are Hornaday's.

Cases were well within lenght specs prior to sizeing,those
I had reloaded before came out fine and worked a-ok in his carbine and didn't need another trim this time.Everyone of the new cases had to be trimmed after resizeing,except the above few.

I know any case can become too long and need trimmimg inculdeing straight walled cases but this is a frist for me to see that many.

Was wondering if anyone had encoutered this with there 30 carbines?

KPH

I reload 30cal with Lee dies but for a pistol and yes with mine do seem to grow after resizing. A 30cal is not really a straight wall case it is slightly tapered to the top.

44fanatic

R.I.P.
30 Carbine is one of the reasons why I decided to get into reloading. Still dont have dies as I dont have any brass.

I had shot about 300 rounds of Lake City Arsenal ammo and most of the cases were split.

Any ideas on where to get good inexpensive brass? And reccomendation on a load for the 30cal Carbine?

Tiny

44fanatic said:
I had shot about 300 rounds of Lake City Arsenal ammo and most of the cases were split.

Any ideas on where to get good inexpensive brass? And reccomendation on a load for the 30cal Carbine?

That dosen't sound good that LCA brass split wondering if you may have a headspace issiue of coarse it have been the ammo.

Haven't looked around that much for brass for it. As for the load I will get that info a bit later.

Tiny

On the load - Don't kknow how good it is- Used the RCBS Little Dandy # 15 and Win 296,my scales has it @ 14.2 grs,and not the 13.8 they say it throws,WSR and 110gr FMJ's an Speer SP.

Latest posts