.243 a little different......

buckdead

XMAN said:
i like it, think it's a great round but know of too many lost deer with them and of course eveyone says shot placement but with a deer walking in some thick cover as we hunt in here, i don't like them.And yes i've owned 3.
Are you politician? lol. You like them. You like them not

statelineRUT

buckdead said:
XMAN said:
i like it, think it's a great round but know of too many lost deer with them and of course eveyone says shot placement but with a deer walking in some thick cover as we hunt in here, i don't like them.And yes i've owned 3.
:crazy:

reloaderman

My son--12 years old has killed deer from 75 yards to 240 yards with .243 and we have never lost one with it. If he gets one in his scope it is DEAD! if you don't like it don't use it but i'd like to see someone tell him it is not enough gun to hunt whitetails. pick what you like and hunt with it.

Mausermeister

reloaderman said:
My son--12 years old has killed deer from 75 yards to 240 yards with .243 and we have never lost one with it. If he gets one in his scope it is DEAD! if you don't like it don't use it but i'd like to see someone tell him it is not enough gun to hunt whitetails. pick what you like and hunt with it.

No one here said it's not enough gun for whitetails, quite the contrary. It is an excellent deer cartridge for a good shooter. It is not a good choice for a novice.
I've seen a few kids who were better shots than most adults, but they are the exception to the rule.

reloaderman

I understand what you're saying, i was just meaning he thinks and agrees that it is a excellent deer caliber. Also my son fires several hundred maybe a couple thousand rounds a year and he is deadly. He probably shoots more than most adults----except ME!!!

XMAN

buckdead said:
XMAN said:

I like it, think it shoots great but would not want to deer hunt with it................How's that.

mr.big

I have owned a couple of 6mm Rems,,

the 85 gr Sierra BTHP starting off at 33-3400 fps is quite a deadly weapon,,the 87 gr Hornady works well also,,