2022 Wyoming Hunt Forecast

AT Hiker

Just read that, pretty vague compared to years past in regards to specific areas within those regions.
Pretty bleak too with the droughts, EHD, CWD, increased applicants and decreased quotas. I can see the 90/10 for deer/elk/pronghorn happening sooner than later.

th88

Not too much bright about the point creep in the NR elk draw! At the current pace, the general tag could very well be a 6-7pt draw in the near future.

sneakybow

Not too much bright about the point creep in the NR elk draw! At the current pace, the general tag could very well be a 6-7pt draw in the near future.
Gonna be even worse when they go 50/50 on regular vs special in the draw and raise the special draw prices. They're going to vote on that soon, $1200 for deer and antelope, $1950 for elk on the special. That'll drive point creep through the roof on the general. Be even worse if they go to elk regions like they do for deer right now. Changes coming for sure.

th88

Gonna be even worse when they go 50/50 on regular vs special in the draw and raise the special draw prices. They're going to vote on that soon, $1200 for deer and antelope, $1950 for elk on the special. That'll drive point creep through the roof on the general. Be even worse if they go to elk regions like they do for deer right now. Changes coming for sure.

They'll get me hook, line, and sinker on the $1950 special. Sure sucks they are pricing the average worker with a family out of western big game. But on the other hand, some of us will do what it takes to pay the extra cash to increase our odds of drawing. Hopefully there is a general region in grizz territory to further increase my odds of drawing.