2009 Honda Big Red

JohnnyBond

Does anyone know any details of the specs yet of this new machine? I read various coments on other forum about postivies and negatives for this machine. I was also wandering how is it going to compare to other SUV's?

A

Anonymous

675cc liquid cooled/fuel injected engine,3 spd automatic pink unicorn...available in red or camo,top speed around 45 mph,2-seater,independent rear suspension,etc,etc.....what you need to know sir?

megalomaniac

From what I've seen, definetly more geared to compete with the ranger/mule rather than the rhino/teryx/rzr. Will probably be a great workhorse, but darn the thing is ugly. If it's Honda reliable, I see it doing very well with contractors/farmers, but I don't think it'll do well with the recreational users.

What Honda really needs is a IRS bike with low gearing, diff lock, and power steering...rumors have it that they may very well be coming out with one for '09, to be announced in September...

JohnnyBond

Thanks I guess i will have to wait.........

I perfer a Honda but am open to the Rhino. Lots of water where I hunt and can get a little deep at times. I seen a lot of bikes belt's slip when wet.

mike243

you can bet there wont be no belts on it,if it is geared the same as the rincon they better have a low range on it,the honda website seems vague on the details the last time i looked at it,mike243

A

Anonymous

whats causing their belts to slip?....are they running them so deep that they are taking in water into the venting for the belt housing?....the only thing that could make em slip on just about any of em is water getting in there or a worn belt that needs replacing anyway.....very interesting.

Orion6

I have read that what is being shown is just the prototype, and that there may be a "sport" version ala the RZR or Teryx.

I have seen a lot of criticism of Hondas lately, mainly because they stick with traditional technology. But they also work.

A

Anonymous

Orion6 said:
I have seen a lot of criticism of Hondas lately, mainly because they stick with traditional technology. But they also work.

and work...and work...and work...and work.

i ran into a guy the other day while trail riding that was on a 1983 or 84 honda big red three wheeler. still ran like a new one. the guy had inherited it from his grandfather and it had only been used as a farm tool and a hunting machine.....no engine work ever...just fluids,filters and routine maintenance...that right there says all you need to know about a honda.

A

Anonymous

as far as my new rhino 450 goes...i have absolutely no complaints other than i sometimes wish it were faster than 40 mph but a few inexpensive mods will fix that.

i have been in deep water with no belt slippage and it will go anywhere a 4 wheeler will go.it is truly amazing.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v477/ ... -08011.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v477/ ... -08007.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v477/ ... -08008.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v477/ ... -08009.jpg

hondas machine will be guaranteed bulletproof but it will be hard to top the polaris RZR performance wise or the polaris ranger for work/farm use....they are top of the line for those purposes.

Orion6

i ran into a guy the other day while trail riding that was on a 1983 or 84 honda big red three wheeler. still ran like a new one. the guy had inherited it from his grandfather and it had only been used as a farm tool and a hunting machine.....no engine work ever...just fluids,filters and routine maintenance...that right there says all you need to know about a honda.
That's why I went with Honda this time. Got a great price on a brand new 420.
I like Polaris, but I know I'll be fixing things here and there with one. I know, I've owned one. This time I bought what I feel will be a long-term investment.

grandslam

the polaris razor is a really fun machine to ride. i rode one up on atena mtn a month or so ago. thing would go any were you wanted it to. but also depends on the driver. me i think a 2 wheel drive can do anythng a 4 wheel can do except for mud.

.444 Marlin

big 8's in Weakley county said:
UGLY buy a Rhino

Yes the honda big red is ooooogly but given honda's durability and reliability.....Id take it any day.

Now the newest on the market that I want is the kawasaki teryx! That is one bad dude! Went and looked at one the other day and I must say thats probably gonna be my next ATV buy. Not as cramped as the polaris ranger and your not as stretched out as a arctic cat prowler and it has plenty of room in the bed.

Latest posts