2 white turkeys today....

BlackBelt

Was deer hunting in Hardeman county this morning about 8am when 5 turkeys walked by and never saw me. All were hens, and 3 were gray/normal color, but two were albino white.
In all my years I've never seen that before. I guess they've been inbreeding or something.
Made for a great morning.
(also had a covey of quail walk under my stand and never see me. That was awesome also.)

YEKRUT

I will be glad to come get those inbreeders out of your flock on the fall turkey hunt this month if you would like. I wouldn't want them in my flock and I am sure you feel the same way. :D

BlackBelt

Yeah, the quail were exciting to see. I wish they would come back in numbers like when I was a kid.
I've never had them forage around me before when I've been in the woods. Not in all the years I've been hunting.
They were so busy turning over leaves looking for insects. They hung out feeding for about 30 minutes before heading to the scrubs for the day.
That was cool.

nate17

I have a big white gobbler on our place that i have yet to get within 100 yds of during multiple attempts. That bird I guess has to be a smart one being white and making it this far.

drrxnupe

nate17 said:
I have a big white gobbler on our place that i have yet to get within 100 yds of during multiple attempts. That bird I guess has to be a smart one being white and making it this far.

Wow...I'm new to turkey hunting and all but I didn't know that white turkeys were any smarter than the other ones. Learn something new everyday I guess.

nate17

drrxnupe said:
nate17 said:

Wow...I'm new to turkey hunting and all but I didn't know that white turkeys were any smarter than the other ones. Learn something new everyday I guess.
\

Im not implying that white turkeys in general are smarter that regular turkeys, im just sayin it prolly takes a little more wits to make it in the wild standing out against the background

Latest posts