1911 Question

Model70Man

Mainly nostalgia IMO. There are a lot of aftermarket parts to modify them as well. I'd much rather have my XD45 and have a higher magazine capacity than to carry a 3 to 4 pound hunk of metal on my hip.

I would however, love to have a scandium framed 1911.

pcrc

Shooting a 1911 is like shooting a rifle. AIM precisely and it will hit your target. Shooting a polymer (Glock) is like a shotgun. POINT it at your target and it will hit.

rdl65

Wipeout said:
Having never shot a 1911, what is the craze about? Thanks!

Have you ever tried to "Pistol Whip" somebody with a polymer framed gun. A 1911 Government Model will do it the way it's supposed to be done.

Kimberman

Most are very accurate, they feel great in your hands, are reliable, and has definitely stood the test of time.

TNReb

pcrc said:
Shooting a 1911 is like shooting a rifle. AIM precisely and it will hit your target. Shooting a polymer (Glock) is like a shotgun. POINT it at your target and it will hit.

I have to strongly disagree. Perhaps it's a little easier to be accurate with a single action trigger.. but I can shoot my Glocks nearly as good as my 1911's. I certainly wouldn't equate them to a shotgun. Just because you can't shoot it well is no reason to put down a quality firearm.

pcrc

I am in no way putting down Glock. In fact they are my favorite pistols and I shoot them in the GSSF tournaments. Saying they shoot like a shotgun is not an insult. In fact it is a compliment to the fact that they shoot exactly where you are looking without having to aim down the sights, justy like shooting a properly fitted shotgun.

Kimberman

pcrc said:
I am in no way putting down Glock. In fact they are my favorite pistols and I shoot them in the GSSF tournaments. Saying they shoot like a shotgun is not an insult. In fact it is a compliment to the fact that they shoot exactly where you are looking without having to aim down the sights, justy like shooting a properly fitted shotgun.

I'm glad they point well for you, they shoot high when I point shoot them. It's the only pistol that I have ever shot that I have that problem with, and that is why I have no use for a Glock. Plus the fact they are ugly as a mud fence.

Jksig229

Kimberman said:
pcrc said:

shoot the G19 it changed my whole perspective on the Glock.

I'm glad they point well for you, they shoot high when I point shoot them. It's the only pistol that I have ever shot that I have that problem with, and that is why I have no use for a Glock. Plus the fact they are ugly as a mud fence.

Unicam

1911's can be modified easily to double action, no machining just a drop in kit. They are not all heavy either, the Kimber 3" barreled series weighs in at around 24oz. I prefer my 1911 over any of my other pistols but do like my little LCP when I want to completely hide the fact I have my weapon on me. I have fired some pretty NOT accurate 1911's over the last 30 years but the ones I carry now are some of the most accurate pistols I have shot. My 5" Kimber can ding metals at 50 yards all day! Any weapon is accurate with enough practice to get aquainted! :D