128 GB cards

TheLBLman

You can usually find this same exact card at Walmart if you're only needing a couple. Don't think the price is much more per card.

Prices on SD cards have really come down over the past couple of years.
One of the very few items to have deflation instead of inflation!

I'm using 64 gb x 120 write speed in most my cams now,
but the 128 gbs in a couple dedicated to video.

Keep in mind that many brands of trail cams
will not accept an SD card larger than 32gb!!!

BSK

What TheLBLman said, about size limitations and availability. I only order from Amazon because I'm usually ordering in significant quantity (two cards for every camera). Depending upon how often you check cards and what length and resolution video you are collecting, a 64 GB card is fine. I just use 128 GB because 1) my cameras will accept them, and 2) they aren't that much more expensive than a 64 GB, so why not? For my cameras, an HD (1920x1080) video of 10 seconds @ 60 fps is 50 MB in size. A 20 second video 100 MB. A 64 Gb card will hold 1,280 10 second videos, or 640 20 second videos. A 128 GB card, double those numbers.

Last edited:

TheLBLman

Another thing all should become more aware:

Battery life is enhanced with higher-speed, higher-capacity sd cards.
This is even more significant with cell cams.

The extra battery life provided to cell cams can easily pay for the additional cost of these higher speed, higher capacity cards.

Mr.Bro

Thanks guys. Lot of good card information I never knew. Got 2 HP5s on the way 3 HP4s and still have e few old Coverts that I'm using for out of the way, not often checked places. Coverts still hanging in there. Great pics and keep on ticking.
Actually have 2 old D50 Moultries, 8 d cell batteries cameras that still work great. Cover over the flash with black paint.
Thanks again guys.

Latest posts