1000 Acre Lake

NumberOne

Anyone know if this lake will be fishable this weekend. I have never fished it and with Kentucky cresting this weekend, I am looking for alternatives. I am assuming you can put a regular size bass boat on it? Any other advice is welcomed.

Thanks

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I am quite certain you can fish it.
They have a super nice, super wide and long boat ramp.
Yes, you can put any boat in it.
Something like 80% or maybe 90% of the lake is 20 or more feet deep.

You do have to buy either a daily or yearly permit to fish there.
It is privately owned so a sportsman's license is irrelevant.

South of the powerlines is no-wake, North is wide open if you desire.
If the weather wasn't gonna get cold again I was planning on going myself.

Water is normally clear, very clear.

http://cctarl.com/

WTM

never fished it but when my good friend from carroll county was still alive we went to look at some of the construction. so i got to thinking this may help for a detailed look at the structure, cover, ditches, etc. if you have a pc you can download google earth pro, for free, and do a historical view of the lake. pretty cool, it shows a lot before they drilled the wells to fill it. it may save you some time on locating some good spots to start. here is a small sample. i had to back out because of pic size limits but you can zoom way in on the google earth app.

Attachments

• lake.PNG
    lake.PNG
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,005

WTM

RUGER":55p5xq38 said:
Wow that is a great idea WTM !!!

yep, i even use it on old lakes. say for instance on KY lake i use the historical view to back in time to when the lake is in winter pool. you will be surprised at how many laydowns and trees you can pick out that you cant see at summer pool. a quick side scan will tell you if that tree or log is still there. the only drawback is that the historical view is not available on the mobile app, only on pc. no biggie i just write down the gos coordinates or send them to my email via the good earth pro pc app.

the images are pretty good from 2010 on. on the 1000 acre lake image i could zoom in and clearly make out the dozer tracks.

Latest posts