1 pin?

TennBuck

i'm thinking about getting a 300-310 speed bow, 75 grain arrow with a 1 pin sight. where would it be best zeroed at? and what range would you get without holdover

Radar

I would say 25 to 30 yards . I have movable single pin sights , but I keep them locked down @20-25 yards for hunting , depending on the thickness of the cover . You don't want to go too far , because of the potential of high hits on close shots . There will be some deviation at closer distances . No arrow shoots perfectly flat , regardless of the speed .

BigCountry71

Radar said:
I would say 25 to 30 yards . I have movable single pin sights , but I keep them locked down @20-25 yards for hunting , depending on the thickness of the cover . You don't want to go too far , because of the potential of high hits on close shots . There will be some deviation at closer distances . No arrow shoots perfectly flat , regardless of the speed .

Took the words right out of my mouth Scott...

My bow shoots right at 300 fps. On the HHA movable sight i use. I have it set on 25yrds while hunting. I can shoot out to about 33 yrds without having to move it.

Anything under 20yrd i will aim low for the heart. So if it end up being a high hit. I still get lungs.

Latest posts