1-18-14 Rabbit Hunt

PcDeer

Finally got back after it this morning after a couple of rough weather weekends. Started out by putting a couple in wholes and running a few more across the road and into a rock bluff. Dogs ran hard all day and were able to keep track real well all day after the heavy frost melted off a little. Rabbits ran weird today on the farm we hunted, it was cold but we still had several want to hole up all day. Wind made it tough later in day but but didn't seem to bother dogs. I think we ended up with 13 in these pictures most of which are swamp rabbits. We killed a couple that the dogs got to before we could and we left plenty for seed thanks to some poor shooting.

PcDeer

We cook em about anyway you can... My favorite though is fried or smoked but I smoke everything. Also good slow cooked in crock pot or put in oven bag with potatoes and carrots. I've even made fajitas and stir fry out of em.

Recoil

Wow that's pretty impressive! I hunt with some beaglers but have never had an opportunity for any swamp rabbits. I have 1500 acre hunt club near Hohenwald with rabbits, but hard to get in the thick stuff, 200 acres in Williamson county near Spring Hill with deer, and 200 acres near Springfield that has big deer and tons of turkey. You ever need an extra gun when going after swampers, let me know--I'll be glad to share a hunt.

Latest posts