Your Biggest Tennessee Buck ?

51Pointer

Land Between the Lakes":3nbxv100 said:
51Pointer":3nbxv100 said:
Land Between the Lakes":3nbxv100 said:
51Pointer said:
I've been gone for a bit guys but thought some of the newer members may not have seen this one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Giant buck! What part of TN did that buck and your other big buck come from? What did they both score?

The 51 pointer came from Gallatin, grosses 256 or 265 I think, the other I took in Bellevue grosses 201", thanks for looking

So those bucks lived in urban areas? Very impressive bucks!

The 51 pointer was farmland and the 20 pointer was Bellevue but it was on a couple hundred acres in between urban areas. I do hunt mainly urban areas now which is somewhat different. Does and young bucks can be easier than hunting large tracks of land but mature bucks I find are more reclusive and almost exclusively nocturnal, I've never actually killed a buck older than 3.5yrs old believe that or not. Luck has lots to do with it

Hunter 257W

51Pointer":14n4ntbr said:
51Pointer":14n4ntbr said:
I've been gone for a bit guys but thought some of the newer members may not have seen this one

The 51 pointer came from Gallatin, grosses 256 or 265 I think, the other I took in Bellevue grosses 201", thanks for looking

The 51 pointer was farmland and the 20 pointer was Bellevue but it was on a couple hundred acres in between urban areas. I do hunt mainly urban areas now which is somewhat different. Does and young bucks can be easier than hunting large tracks of land but mature bucks I find are more reclusive and almost exclusively nocturnal, I've never actually killed a buck older than 3.5yrs old believe that or not. Luck has lots to do with it

So both those bucks were no more than 3.5 years old?? That's amazing.

tree_ghost

51Pointer":31phocj3 said:
Land Between the Lakes":31phocj3 said:
51Pointer":31phocj3 said:
Land Between the Lakes said:
51Pointer said:

Giant buck! What part of TN did that buck and your other big buck come from? What did they both score?

I saw your 51 point in Cabelas last week...he's very impressive! I find it most interesting that you rattled in both bucks...Any particular technique that you have found to be more effective than other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usanglure

Hardeman County 2006, SPRING CREEK HUNT CLUB, score 115,field dressed 130pds, 8 point.... Middle of December chasing does within 300 yds of loggers cutting and felling trees, also killed coyote, and 2 does before he came thru, i wouldv'e shot doe he was chasing but i had run out of bullets..... Great Morning to be in woods............. Truck was stuck but local farmer had seen it stuck there all morning and was already waiting with tractor to pull me out. 3 deer, and coyote by 9am.

Attachments

• deer pic 7.JPG
    deer pic 7.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 4,526

sniper38

Here are my 3 Biggest TN Bucks! I have been very blessed with the opportunity to harvest these bucks!
Sorry the pics are sideways, not sure how to rotate them on here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 4,433
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 4,434
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 4,432

51Pointer

tree_ghost":1fnmudop said:
51Pointer":1fnmudop said:
Land Between the Lakes":1fnmudop said:
51Pointer said:
Land Between the Lakes said:
51Pointer said:

I saw your 51 point in Cabelas last week...he's very impressive! I find it most interesting that you rattled in both bucks...Any particular technique that you have found to be more effective than other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be aggressive with the horns, I've rattled in almost every big buck I've taken, maybe 70% of them I have called in, when I do it it's an instinctive timing and sensing what and where they will come from, I can't explain how I know but I just feel it..... I truly try and connect to my surroundings and pay attention to everything and sometimes I get lucky, sometimes they come in like a freight train but most will come in to about 100 yds.... and begin to circle down wind of where they believe they heard the fight, they will make rubs and scrapes while they try and find the bucks they heard... it's so rewarding

z7x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Be aggressive with the horns, I've rattled in almost every big buck I've taken, maybe 70% of them I have called in, when I do it it's an instinctive timing and sensing what and where they will come from, I can't explain how I know but I just feel it..... I truly try and connect to my surroundings and pay attention to everything and sometimes I get lucky, sometimes they come in like a freight train but most will come in to about 100 yds.... and begin to circle down wind of where they believe they heard the fight, they will make rubs and scrapes while they try and find the bucks they heard... it's so rewarding

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]
What's your favorite time of year to rattle

JAY B

Killed during muzzleloader 2016, 150 gross green 15pts

Attachments

• IMG_5659.JPG
    IMG_5659.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 4,240

Latest posts