Your Biggest Tennessee Buck ?

Back Home

October 21, 2018 North Wilson County

Attachments

• 20181021_203116.jpg
    20181021_203116.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2,210

AT Hiker

I'm sharing this one for a local Montgomery County hunter. This one is less than an inch shy of 150", killed last year. It's his official biggest, he might have one a tad bigger but this one has been officially scored.

e453f147e48867f1a19372fde8f1287d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lightsareout

AT Hiker":c7f6hw6a said:
I'm sharing this one for a local Montgomery County hunter. This one is less than an inch shy of 150", killed last year. It's his official biggest, he might have one a tad bigger but this one has been officially scored.

e453f147e48867f1a19372fde8f1287d.jpg

Beautiful buck; great work as usual AT!

BULL MOOSE

Bucks & Beards":6kedxebw said:
In 2014 I killed a 134 inch 8 point that field dressed at 206 pounds.
I cant post pics but you can see it at http://www.amesplantation.org
It is the 13th pic of the 2014 season.

Looks like you and Andy S. Both scored on Dec.1.

Attachments

• 119B5031-E782-48AA-92F1-A08253E2322A.jpeg
    119B5031-E782-48AA-92F1-A08253E2322A.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,914

Bucks & Beards

BULL MOOSE":1bxiwm4h said:
Bucks & Beards":1bxiwm4h said:

Yes. Great day. POURED rain that morning. Temps plummeted that afternoon. I think Andy and I were the only ones hunting the plantation. He scored that morning. Got mine right before dark.

ZachMarkus

Bucks & Beards":1w99hwju said:
BULL MOOSE":1w99hwju said:
Bucks & Beards":1w99hwju said:

Yes. Great day. POURED rain that morning. Temps plummeted that afternoon. I think Andy and I were the only ones hunting the plantation. He scored that morning. Got mine right before dark.

Nice bucks guys. Who scores the bucks that are killed on Ames. I went back and looked at all the kill photos from 2013-2018 and there are several bucks on there that don't look anywhere close to the score posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bucks & Beards

They are scored by Ames employees, usually by one guy. The posted B&C scores at Ames in my opinion are accurate. The scorer measures the antlers, enters the measurements on a B&C template and adds up the score while the hunter observes. I've double checked my bucks myself and the scores have been accurate. I have friends who have done the same. Pics don't always do a buck justice.

ZachMarkus

Bucks & Beards":2f8n4550 said:
They are scored by Ames employees, usually by one guy. The posted B&C scores at Ames in my opinion are accurate. The scorer measures the antlers, enters the measurements on a B&C template and adds up the score while the hunter observes. I've double checked my bucks myself and the scores have been accurate. I have friends who have done the same. Pics don't always do a buck justice.

I agree pictures don't always do a buck justice there were just some that stood out to me. Here as example, this one had a score posted of 147 7/8"B&C.
7d23a8412cbf732b742e6697902bfce1.jpg

It's hard for me to believe that deer is 17" bigger than this deer that was posted at 130 5/8" B&C
bb71f52f59039771ccd87f8a2b910141.jpg

T.J.

I'm the one who killed the 147 7/8 deer. That picture of the deer is misleading. At the time it was the largest deer ever killed at Ames with a bow. That deer scored around 110 before a point was measured. I don't have the score sheet any longer. It was lost in a move. But, it was 24 7/8 inside. Had either 26 or 27 in beams and around 32" of mass. You are welcome to come measured it for yourself if you'd like. I believe Andy and Fairchaser will vouch for the authenticity of the score. I'll be happy to walk inside and take a picture of the mount if you'd like another view. I've personally never liked the picture that was posted on the website myself.

cbhunter

T.J.":2gcw6125 said:
I'm the one who killed the 147 7/8 deer. That picture of the deer is misleading. At the time it was the largest deer ever killed at Ames with a bow. That deer scored around 110 before a point was measured. I don't have the score sheet any longer. It was lost in a move. But, it was 24 7/8 inside. Had either 26 or 27 in beams and around 32" of mass. You are welcome to come measured it for yourself if you'd like. I believe Andy and Fairchaser will vouch for the authenticity of the score. I'll be happy to walk inside and take a picture of the mount if you'd like another view. I've personally never liked the picture that was posted on the website myself.
i agree that pic is very misleading then but if that's what you say it scored then I'm sure it did. I'm not Zach but I for one would like to see a better pic to see that width! That's impressive

ZachMarkus

T.J.":3jugs9gj said:

I believe you 100% bud. Please don't think I'm downing your deer because I'm not. That picture doesn't do him justice obviously. According to your measurements he is a super buck and I'm happy you got him. Heck of a buck, especially with a bow.

cbhunter

T.J.":12miebsi said:
http://www.tndeer.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=225649#p3021387

I'm having trouble posting pictures but there is a better picture of him in this post. In that post I said his inside spread was 23 1/2. So I'd believe that since I made the post right after killing the deer.
i found the problem! That jokers head and neck is so massive it takes away from his rack [emoji23]

Haha, thanks for posting and great deer

BULL MOOSE

T.J.":21omyir1 said:

Nice deer! But why are you wearing black face? Once a photo is online, it is online. Is there some reason we need to scribble out a Face?

ZachMarkus

BULL MOOSE":2o10v4ts said:
T.J.":2o10v4ts said:

Nice deer! But why are you wearing black face? Once a photo is online, it is online. Is there some reason we need to scribble out a Face?

I scribbled out the face, I don't like posting photos of someone without their permission.

T.J.

I get it. As I said, I've never thought that was a great picture of the deer. There is nothing wrong with it other than it just does not show off what it's impressive about the deer. It's width. It does not have tall tines. I was told that picture was chosen because you could see all 10 points in it. One of the problems you might find with the Ames deer is, while they are almost all scored by the same guy, the pictures are not all taken by the same guy. And none of the people who take the pictures are photographers. Also, as has been said, I did not black out my own face. I do however agree with and appreciate Zach's reasoning for doing so.