scopes

tc 308

I have had good luck with nikon pro staff and old buck master. Have a vortex viper on a rem tactical 308 not the clearest but works fore me. And a Zeiss Tera that is nice and clear. The new red field and vortex dimond back both look good in the stores I've looked at.

DMD

I have been really pleased with Federal Intensity scopes. They are the same scopes as Weaver 40/44 and the old Simmons Aetec. They are made in the Philippines. They were about a $250 scope. They are hard to find, but I can pick them up on ebay for around $70. They are 3-10×44. I really like the 44mm. They have been a great all around scope for me. I have 2 mounted on my deer rifles and 2 in my gun safe.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

7mminatree

Leupold, Vortex, Bushnell, Nikon, Sightron, Weaver, ect. Whatever I can get the best deal on. I'm not brand loyal when it come to firearms and firearm optics.

fairchaser

TNRifleman":se2xjxmc said:
I have switched everything over to Vortex. The simplest reasoning is that it is the best bang for my buck. I have owned Zeiss, Leupold, Nikon, and Burris scopes and binos and for my money, the Vortex gives the better bang for the buck. Zeiss and the higher end Leupolds have great glass but are more expensive than my Vortex Diamondbacks and Vipers and the performance to money ratio is not big enough.

I did a twilight test with my Diamondback HP and my Zeiss HD 5 and yes, the Zeiss was brighter a little bit longer but for a $500 difference in price the difference was minimal. I also tested my Vortex Viper Binos against my buddy's Swaro's when we were in CO. Again, the Swaro is better glass for sure but my eyes are not good enough for me to buy $2500 binos when my $499 Vipers were as clear as I needed.

ANother contributing factor is the warranty and service. I had a horrible customer service experience on a pair of Zeiss COnquest HD binos earlier this year. I sold them to buy the Vipers.

I'm becoming a vortex fan as well. I bought a strike eagle for my AR and I really like it all around. I have some very high end Zeiss and Leupold scopes but I'm not seeing enough difference for the money.

Woodman

My rifles and muzzleloaders all sport Leupolds and I have no complaints at all.....but I recently bought a pair of Vortex Razor HD 10x42 binos that I am extremely impressed with. I am also very impressed with Vortex's customer service, I called them about getting an extra set of objective lens covers and eye-piece covers and they are sending them to me "free" (I tried to get some extras for some Nikon Monarch X binos sometime back and it was like I had asked them for their first child :bash: ) . Anyway, I will check out Vortex the next time I need a new scope.

MXB 400

On my T/C Bone Collector I have Leupold ultimate slam, on my Traditions Pursuit have Bushnell Dusk to Dawn, on my T/C slug gun have Nikon slug gun scope, on my 870 slug gun Burris droptine, on my T/C 35 Whelen have Nikon Buckmasters II, on my 35 Whelen 750 woodsmaster have the Burris Fullfield II, and on my CVA accura V2 LR Konus pro all seem to be good scopes.

PillsburyDoughboy

MackPC":3jg5judf said:
Love the vx-3 series by leupold. Gotta love the gold ring scopes
Have you compared the VX-3 to the VX3i Yet?

I cannot imagine there being that much difference in the two.

Wish I would have picked up a couple of more VX-3 last year when they went on sale and the rebates. They were a steal.

dirtturner

I have an old Weatherby scope on a 240. Zeiss on a 300 Wby, Trijicon on 308 Rem SPS, Nightforce on a 308 Cooper,Couple leupolds and just bought a Sig: 5x25x52 or 56 and a Vortex Viper on my daughter 257 Wby. Have used Nikon, Bushnell,and have 2 Leica rangefinders. Really like Vortex, Nightforce and Trijicon.

Boone 58

Nikon Monarch on my 270 WSM and I love it for the price/quality value. Around 500 when I purchased it and it really is a good scope for the price.

Just purchased a Marlin 336 XLR 30 30 from Bass Pro, (plan to pick it up tues).......and I already have the 2.5x10x40 Prostaff 5 Nikon scope on it. Got great reviews and I like what I have seen on clarity looking thru it while waiting. Still, I wont really know if it measures up until I put it to use. Pictures to follow. Cant Wait! Stoked!!!

REM7

DntBrnDPig":1j44ufen said:
I'm all in with Vortex. Any bino or scope I buy from here on out with be Vortex.

I haven't had any issues with my scopes but I did drop my binos from about 12 feet onto concrete and they broke. I called and told them what I did and that it was my fault... they sent me a brand new pair. The warranty Vortex offers is awesome.

Feel the same about vortex. Leupold is my other brand of choice

ThorThor

Depends on the budget. Nikon monarch and Bushnell Elite is the bang for buck I have several. Leupold VX 6 if you want to spend a grand.

dhpro

ive got them all ,been putting burris on guns now ,never used there warranty ,very clean scopes .if i could find some nikon monarks made in the late early 90 s those were best scopes i ever had ???later ones are not the same

dhpro

ive got them all ,been putting burris on guns now ,never used there warranty ,very clean scopes .if i could find some nikon monarks made in the late early 90 s those were best scopes i ever had later ones are not the same i dont know why???

PillsburyDoughboy

Lone Hunter":2qy1ok21 said:
Winchester":2qy1ok21 said:
Dollar for dollar Leupold gets my vote, great performers
Plus a pretty good resale if you ever want to sale them.

I know right ?

I can get close to dealer +for a 30 year old Leupold Vari x 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts