Pack advice

RidgeRunner13

I've been hunting with the same two packs for the past 8 or so years. They were Walmart buys and have done really well for what I've put them through. I'm wanting to upgrade this year to one pack. I've been using a fanny pack with the backpack straps for bow season and it works well, but it doesn't have enough space for clothes come the colder hints. I want to get possibly an internal frame style pack that has multiple pockets for gear for bow season. I say internal frame because it'll keep most of the pack off of my back because I sweat a lot. But I also need it to carry my layers come late muzzleloader and gun season. I'm the kind of guy to go and look at something before I decide. So, with that being in mind, what would yall recommend? I've got Bass Pro, Gander, and Academy close by. What's some packs that yall have picked up from those places that have done really well and fit the bill? Thanks in advance for all the advice.

lungpuncher1

Badlands ultra day or superday. I have both and love them both. The superday is bigger for the all day hunts, and the ultra day is perfect for half day trips or when your going to be on your feet alot or just don't need the extra space, it actually let's more air in between the pack and your back.

RidgeRunner13

I completely agree Poser. I have a very specific idea of what I want when it comes to a pack even though I can't exactly explain it. I was at Bass Pro a few weeks ago and I believe I may have found what I was looking for. They had two Redhead brand packs that I really liked and they fit pretty well. And for the price of the two packs combined I'm still coming out cheaper than if I was going to buy one of the high end packs. Not to mention, both packs had everything I was looking for too.

Latest posts