Knight and Hale Pack Rack

RollTide88

Anyone had any luck with a pack rack? Would love a rattle system that doesn't take up much space. Just interested in opinions on whether I should go with the pack rack or a rattle bag.

Mike Belt

I tried several systems and like you, I was looking for something "packable". I've rattled up bucks with almost all of them but I don't think you can beat the real thing and you can definitely tell the difference in tones in different size antlers. If I carry anything other than real antlers it is the black rack system (still bunglesome compared to rattle bags). They're easy to work with and each rattling half has both sides of the antler so you're rattling with full racks as opposed to half racks like typical rattling antlers. If you're insistent on rattling bags you can easily make your own that sound better than most commercial ones. An old sock and pieces of a cheap pool stick work great.

DMD

The best thing for rattling I have ever found is Hunter Specialities Heavy Horns Rattling Bag. I have tried several different rattling bags and systems - this one is LOUD and sounds very, very realistic. It is a little bigger than a normal rattling bag, but much more convenient then carrying horns. I have personally rattled up many bucks and rattled up several several bucks that I killed with this rattling bag. I rattled up a buck for my buddy at Catoosa last year and he killed it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hunters-Spe...253610?hash=item3f3e8b42aa:g:pBIAAOSwAHZUOCoQ

csi-tech

I love the pack rack. I bought the little one. The truth is that unless there are fewer does and more bucks, rattling just won't work. I have grunted a few little guys in, but when the bucks have estrous P***y galore, why respond? I am in a different situation this year. I am surrounded by QDM clubs and rarely see a doe. I expect the Pack Rack to actually work this year.

Latest posts