Checking in turkey on app

ADR

Wouldn't it be 24/16?
To the best of my memory it lets you put a full inch of spit then add how many additional 16ths of an inch.

PalsPal

There are 2 boxes for both spur and beard entries.

The first box is full inch. The second box is fraction of inch.

So a 3/4" spur would be 0 in first box, and 12/16 in second. A 1" spur would 1 in first box and 0 in second box.

Same way for beard length.

PalsPal

I highly suspect there is a fair amount of rounding UP when hunters check in turkeys. 3/4" spur recorded as 1", 9" beard recorded as 10", etc.

I'd imagine that the accuracy of the measurables on a bird checked in are less than 10% of all checked in.

I don't carry scales or a tape measure seeing that the data is meaningless anyway as far managing the flock. But, I also don't feel the need to inflate. If it's close to 3/4" spurs, either way, then that's what I put.

DoubleRidge

I just went in the harvest report section to see what all will be there this year.. the only thing that's measurable is weight and it said its not required.
Scroll down below the weight section and hit the drop down arrow then select bearded....then the section to enter beard length shows up.

rbreedi1

Scroll down below the weight section and hit the drop down arrow then select bearded....then the section to enter beard length shows up.
missed that part.. also when you click on the sex and select male it asks for the spur measurements also.. guess its all there just hidden until you select an option

woodsman04

I used to wonder why as sex there was an "unknown" tab. I was like are people really that dumb??

Well, looking at some of the political stunts I see now I guess it is needed….
Or maybe turkeys also go pink unicorn hahahahahaha