Turkey in Cookeville

Jcalder

There used to be several big flocks around town. "Progress" has certainly hurt them. Getting access to hunt some of these spots is gonna be hard. And heaven forbid you get permission, you'll be killing someone's pet.

Like anywhere, you'll find birds scattered throughout. Quite a bit of public ground within 40 minutes of Cookeville as well.

EASTERNHUNTER

There used to be several big flocks around town. "Progress" has certainly hurt them. Getting access to hunt some of these spots is gonna be hard. And heaven forbid you get permission, you'll be killing someone's pet.

Like anywhere, you'll find birds scattered throughout. Quite a bit of public ground within 40 minutes of Cookeville as well.
Thank you.my daughter neighbor leases out a lot of land for ag and said I could try there so I hope theirs some around.

Jcalder

I was wondering about standing stone forest I believe it's called
If you're actually hunting the park, or even surrounding properties I'd guess those birds are educated, but they're there. @Huntaholic lives up that way, and I know several that hunt there. You'll have competition at the park, but if you have private ground you'll be way ahead.

ROVERBOY

Standing Stone Forest would be ok, if you don't mind driving about 35 minutes or so. Another option might be public land around Cordell Hull Lake.

Huntaholic

All the public around here gets HAMMERED! Im serious. YES there are birds there but theres also a googan with a screaming box call behind every tree it seems. My advice would be to find some private ground pretty much anywhere around the Cookeville, Dry Valley, Sparta, area.

Latest posts