Bryant Denny

Spurhunter

Question for the folks that have been there. Especially as visiting fans. My buddy and his wife have almost talked me into going with them to the Tennessee game October 21st. From the stories I've heard, and things I've seen from alabama fans, I'm not sure this is a wise decision. Would you go to the game wearing orange? Is there a reasonable chance of being hit with urine bags, batteries, etc.? Or jumped in the parking lot by a gang of angry bammers?

Bamamonts

I've been to several games and I haven't witnessed any of that. I've never seen anybody get assaulted. Most fans that I've seen are courteous to opposing fans. Some talk trash but it's mostly just in fun. I set right behind some Tennessee fans at a Bama/UT game and we had fun talking to each other. It's a really nice stadium. I hope you have a great time if you decide to go. I'm thinking about going to the game also.

Spurhunter

I've been to several games and I haven't witnessed any of that. I've never seen anybody get assaulted. Most fans that I've seen are courteous to opposing fans. Some talk trash but it's mostly just in fun. I set right behind some Tennessee fans at a Bama/UT game and we had fun talking to each other. It's a really nice stadium. I hope you have a great time if you decide to go. I'm thinking about going to the game also.
That's good news. I'm probably going to go. I was at the Tennessee/alabama game in 1998 when Tennessee won en route to winning the National Championship, so I figure it only makes sense that I'm at this game when Tennessee wins en route to winning the National Championship. 😁

Zulu

More of the same. When my two boys were at Bama and baby girl was at Ole Miss we'd all get together with each kid wearing their school colors and my wife and I splitting one for each school. We got a lot of fun ribbing, and gave back just as much.

I hope your buddy and his wife already have a place to stay in town...I can guarantee every hotel within 100 miles is already sold out and post game traffic is horrendous.

Spurhunter

More of the same. When my two boys were at Bama and baby girl was at Ole Miss we'd all get together with each kid wearing their school colors and my wife and I splitting one for each school. We got a lot of fun ribbing, and gave back just as much.

I hope your buddy and his wife already have a place to stay in town...I can guarantee every hotel within 100 miles is already sold out and post game traffic is horrendous.
They don't have a hotel room yet. I hadn't thought about the traffic, but I figure it will be light. Most of the home team fans will leave in the 3rd quarter. No fun watching your team get boat raced. 😅

Zulu

They don't have a hotel room yet. I hadn't thought about the traffic, but I figure it will be light. Most of the home team fans will leave in the 3rd quarter. No fun watching your team get boat raced. 😅
If y'all are coming from W. Tennessee you might want to consider staying in Columbus MS ... it's only a little over an hour away. That's where we usually stayed until the boys got out of the dorms and into apartments we could crash. Oh, and fans leaving early doesn't really help the traffic ... win or lose the strip with all the bars starts right outside the stadium and that's where everyone seems to go to either celebrate or drown their sorrows, so the area around the stadium will be crowded for hours after the game.

Spurhunter

If y'all are coming from W. Tennessee you might want to consider staying in Columbus MS ... it's only a little over an hour away. That's where we usually stayed until the boys got out of the dorms and into apartments we could crash. Oh, and fans leaving early doesn't really help the traffic ... win or lose the strip with all the bars starts right outside the stadium and that's where everyone seems to go to either celebrate or drown their sorrows, so the area around the stadium will be crowded for hours after the game.
I didn't even think about Columbus and I hunt there. Even have somewhere to stay.

Bamamonts

I've also found rooms in Jasper and Winfield to be reasonably priced.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Might be a bigger issue if Tennessee was a rival school. :)

I tapped on the side of a car full of Brigham Young folks when they were pulling away after a game. I didn't think about it at the time, but they probably thought for an instant that some fan was being a jerk until they realized I was telling them that they had left a folded-up blanket on their roof.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I went last year a couple weeks after TN beat them.
They were playing MS State.
I ALMOST wore a TN shirt.
I decided I was scared to.
One thing for sure, I would have been on tv because it was 100% red & crimson in the entire place. :D

PalsPal

You should be fine ... until .... the game ends.

Can you imagine the uproar if TN were to WIN?

And what if it happened like the Ole Miss game in Neyland a couple of years ago where the refs screwed us out of a chance to win? Wonder if they could find any mustard bottles?

Bamamonts

That's good news. I'm probably going to go. I was at the Tennessee/alabama game in 1998 when Tennessee won en route to winning the National Championship, so I figure it only makes sense that I'm at this game when Tennessee wins en route to winning the National Championship. 😁
I hope you don't have that much fun. 😂

Latest posts