Bear Bryant Statue.....

Volbuck777

Lol BamaProud I think we know what's racist and isn't and i think you know it's racist not to let a man play a certain position because of color. You can say what you will about us acting like the mob, but it's a shame we have to pretend like things were not racist because it was a different era. Wrong is wrong bud whether we agree with it or not. Bear was wrong and so was lots of other coaches in not letting blacks play QB or not at all. I'm not saying he was a bad guy, I only know what was written about him throughout time. I've heard lots of good things about your coach, this one in particular isn't one of them.

cbhunter

Volbuck777":1rjg30at said:
Lol BamaProud I think we know what's racist and isn't and i think you know it's racist not to let a man play a certain position because of color. You can say what you will about us acting like the mob, but it's a shame we have to pretend like things were not racist because it was a different era. Wrong is wrong bud whether we agree with it or not. Bear was wrong and so was lots of other coaches in not letting blacks play QB or not at all. I'm not saying he was a bad guy, I only know what was written about him throughout time. I've heard lots of good things about your coach, this one in particular isn't one of them.

Best thing ever wrote about Bear Bryant was the fact that General Neyland never lost to him :tu:

BamaProud

Volbuck777":3pkv0g77 said:

Who is pretending things were not racist? All I am saying it it is not fair to judge someone that lived in a time when there were different standards of conduct based on what is acceptable today. The way men treated women in general back in the 60's and 70's wouldn't fly in todays world. That doesn't mean every man that was alive then is a sexist. Times change. People do too.

Volbuck777

I know what's right and wrong, whether it's today's standards or 100 years ago Standards. I shouldn't just go with the flow if I know it's wrong. I mean abortion is pretty standard today should I just turn my head and act like it's okay morally because other people do. I'm not judging nobody but I can sure see their fruits. You said times change and so do people. Kind of seems he didn't want to change and allow black players to play for him till he understood college football was moving on without him, and he sure wasn't winning without them and was getting beat bad by teams that had them. He was smart enough to bring them in and got back to a national powerhouse. So he definitely changed but was it for the right reason? Or was it to save his name, or career, or bank account? Man I know I sound like I'm slandering his name, I'm not, but I don't have blinders on because I like the heck out of somebody, I actually never met. I'm sure they didn't worry about what positions they were in when they were on the front lines willing to shed blood for this country.

Volbuck777

Okay man I'm not belittling him because the standards that are set In today's world. If I was like today's culture then I'd want to erase his name from history, tear down his statue, and keep debating with you because it just isn't enough for him to go, I need more because him alone won't fill my hunger. So I'll go back to where I started it was wrong. I've been wrong, I'm sure you've been wrong. Don't get mad I'm not slandering you're name because I said you've been wrong. Just kidding man. Either way I hope they never take his statue down and I hope his legacy lives on forever. By the way seen your post in the general forum. I live in sevierville when you get up here in October traffic will be bad, if you need help around it, let me know I've lived here forever and know every back road. Happy Sunday buddy

Latest posts